What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 am

Its HDMI but I don't know if its 720 or 1080.

My Mac Mini is hooked up to the RGB port and its SHIT. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:17 am

Well hey if you don't know if it's 720 or 1080 thats cool then :)

rgb port ewww...

do you remembmer projector tvs from the 70's where you could actually see the red green and blue bulbs? That's what I was talkin about... :lol:
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm

I probably mean VGA or whatever the standard was before HDMI. Whatever it is, it’s SHIT, but my Mini predates HDMI.

OT, but speaking of 70’s TVs, if you haven’t, check out F is for Family on Netflix. Animated series starring Bill Burr as a dad in the 70’s. There’s an episode about how owning one of those wood frame TVs with an enormous 32” screen was hot shit. :lol:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:07 pm

ImageImage

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 am

Talking about the 70s, lot's of Pinball here and I'm dreaming of playing this table.

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

FAR OUT

Post by FAR OUT » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:03 am

Last edited by FAR OUT on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm

I’m annoyed by all the articles popping up about next gen consoles. In console years the current gen are just barely taking their diapers off. I hope this isn’t the result of both Microsoft and Sony losing money in their core businesses so they are going to try to make up for the loss by pushing new consoles out quicker, the one shining star in their portfolio of fail. :?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:38 pm

beats me wrote:I’m annoyed by all the articles popping up about next gen consoles. In console years the current gen are just barely taking their diapers off. I hope this isn’t the result of both Microsoft and Sony losing money in their core businesses so they are going to try to make up for the loss by pushing new consoles out quicker, the one shining star in their portfolio of fail. :?
No, because the consoles are loss leaders and pretty much always have been. My understanding is that the licensing revenue from the game publishers is where the profit lies in the gaming industry.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:58 pm

stringtapper wrote:
beats me wrote:I’m annoyed by all the articles popping up about next gen consoles. In console years the current gen are just barely taking their diapers off. I hope this isn’t the result of both Microsoft and Sony losing money in their core businesses so they are going to try to make up for the loss by pushing new consoles out quicker, the one shining star in their portfolio of fail. :?
No, because the consoles are loss leaders and pretty much always have been. My understanding is that the licensing revenue from the game publishers is where the profit lies in the gaming industry.

But according to news reports over like the last year Playstation is almost singlehandedly keeping Sony afloat. That wouldn’t have happened if the PS4 wasn’t released. So whatever the convoluted source of the real money is the PS4 is being credited with saving Sony.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Wait, who's talking about new consoles besides the Nintendo NX anyway…??
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

stringtapper wrote:Wait, who's talking about new consoles besides the Nintendo NX anyway…??

Funny enough top story in my news aggregator just now

http://www.technmild.com/playstation-5- ... lds-183919

They even posted a goddamn speculative photo of it. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:45 am

They might as well say "That current gen box you have that hasn't reached its potential yet isn't shit compared the console that technically doesn't exist yet. At any rate, prepare to be disappointed when your console does reach it's potential because, as we're saying, it's shit. You should have held back on that purchase." :x

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:13 am

beats me wrote:They might as well say "That current gen box you have that hasn't reached its potential yet isn't shit compared the console that technically doesn't exist yet. At any rate, prepare to be disappointed when your console does reach it's potential because, as we're saying, it's shit. You should have held back on that purchase." :x
Not a critique of you, but of the article:
This article reads like something from TMZ or a supermarket tabloid. Im not really seeing anything of substance here other than the article was manufactured as a means to bring in the clicks for the bait.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 am

^ That.

I read the top gaming sites a bit more than I should admit and nothing like that is anywhere near the radar and I think it would be if there were any real news there.

"Microsoft really wants to come out with the Xbox Two" (paraphrasing here).

:lol:
Unsound Designer

Wakeon

Post by Wakeon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Donkey Kong Country Returns :p