What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Timbeaux

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:37 am

Lego:
Games are always localcoop (2 players). Its much more fun then the single player story.

TLOU:
I think i played it on easy and there have been many stressful and scary situations. I dont know if it affect the trophys, i dont care about them.

Dishonoured:
I think it was the game graphic and the atmosphere , which catched me. But the controlling is hard to master (having a sword in a fps ...).

panten

Post by panten » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 am

I am quite intrigued to hear what you guys think of Fable Legends? Most of you seem to love the open world free choice thing with the exception of yur2die4.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:23 pm

jestermgee wrote:I've been stuck on steam for months playing with friends and family through Australian winters. Mainly:

- Payday 2

I have also gone back to play through Bioshock 1 before I play through Infinite.

Lame or not I have also just jumped on Minecraft because my 5YO daughter has been wanting to play games on the PC and kept telling me about this game she saw her cousins play. It's a great trainer for using KB+Mouse for kids and being networkable means I can play too. Even have the wife getting into it where she is not a gamer but those building blocks are addictive.

Played GTAV on PS3 all the way through but will buy it again on PC just to see it how it was suppose to be played.
I've heard there's a bit of problem with Valve Corp there, is it ok now? Pay Day 2 is one of a good example where the developer is continue to providing new things. I haven't play it yet, but it's on the library. Just following the news.

The Bioshock Infinite is also in the library, but the trailer never grabbed me. What special about it that made you want to play since the beginning of the series? so many praise for the series, hope I will like the game one day. Minecraft looks like a good game for the imagination and brain development for kids. It's going to be a priority game if I have kid. My wife like games with beautiful picture or sweet "candy crush" / "strawbery shortcake" style.

Curious that GTA V for PC will even have a new single player mode. It's going to be a better experience using a powerful system.

It used to be the pride of console users, but not anymore. Dunno if it's a good step or not. A bit disappointed with Square Enix decision to make the next Tomb Raider as a timed exclusive for Xbox One. Also the Sleeping Dogs developer, to make their next game as a free to play on PC only http://youtu.be/jQn4OvRrK0A while many fans are waiting for the sequel. I have a mixed feeling about it, a bit exciting with the whole idea though.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

they should have added a local coop mode to payday2. now, the game gets dusty in my box.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:49 pm

No GTA5 players? I've never been a huge fan but it also isn't out for the PS4 yet.

edit: Saw crystalmsc just mentioned it, but seems like a game a lot of people invest a lot of time in.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Timbeaux wrote:Lego:
Games are always localcoop (2 players). Its much more fun then the single player story.

TLOU:
I think i played it on easy and there have been many stressful and scary situations. I dont know if it affect the trophys, i dont care about them.

Dishonoured:
I think it was the game graphic and the atmosphere , which catched me. But the controlling is hard to master (having a sword in a fps ...).
So, all the lego games have local coop version? May be that's what I've been missing

Just found out that easy mode has 'Lock On Aiming' and the answer is clear :)

will keep Dishonoured in mind, thanks.
panten wrote:Most of you seem to love the open world free choice thing with the exception of yur2die4.
I'm equal, prefer Uncharted style of world. But if the game is as good as Tomb Rider, Sleeping Dogs and Arkham City, I'd be glad to play the open world.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:29 pm

I’m really not an open world fan. My fave franchise is God of War and that’s really restricted in where you can go. I like Bioshock but when there isn’t an arrow pointing me in the right direction I’m constantly accessing the mission and map.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:11 pm

The Lego games are huge pile of win. The split screen was adapted in Indiana Jones so that both players could roam freely and all the newer ones have that feature too. It's diagonal and well implemented. Before that, you had the classic I wanna go left/I wanna go right struggle. Me and my kid used to shred those games.

@ panten - didn't know about the new Fable, but i loved the older ones...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:25 pm

beats me wrote:No GTA5 players? I've never been a huge fan but it also isn't out for the PS4 yet.

edit: Saw crystalmsc just mentioned it, but seems like a game a lot of people invest a lot of time in.
It was in my top ten list, bro.

:x
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:33 pm

crystalmsc wrote: Great list, I will try Red Dead Redemption and Blacklist one day. Always curious about Tom Clancy's series, but I'm not really good on heavy stealth game. More of an open fight type of person. How difficult was it compared to Hitman or Arkham City?
Blacklist was the best Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. They took some of the stuff that did work in Conviction but put back in all the stuff that made SC good in the old games.

Like any good stealth game it can be much harder to not play stealthy. You can get your ass handed to you pretty quick if you get spotted. That said, they balanced it so that it is possible to play aggro and the game even has different trophies for different play styles. Being able to ghost through a Splinter Cell level is a real challenge (i.e. no kills, never spotted).

I hope that the new Deus Ex Square Enix is developing can finally recapture what made the original Deus Ex (2000) so great. Human Revolution got close and is a truly great game, but there was a crazy level of flexibility in the way the narrative progressed in the original that was truly unique. Being able to kill one of the main antagonists long before you're even supposed to know that they are an antagonist? Brilliant.
Unsound Designer

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 am

Timbeaux wrote:they should have added a local coop mode to payday2. now, the game gets dusty in my box.
I'm going to be very busy right now if it has a local coop!
beats me wrote:No GTA5 players? I've never been a huge fan but it also isn't out for the PS4 yet.

stringtapper wrote:It was in my top ten list, bro.
I haven't played yet, but It's going to be another one that I'd like to invest some quality time.
beats me wrote:My fave franchise is God of War and that’s really restricted in where you can go.
Love the mini games :)

BTW, steam music player is ready: http://store.steampowered.com/news/14358
it's great to own the Portal 2 soundtrack for free

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 am

uhh, i forgot portal2...

may the best coop game i ever played (single player is also very cool, especially the comments of the bad computer are awesome).

the only bad thing:

it ended to fast.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 pm

stringtapper wrote:Blacklist was the best Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. They took some of the stuff that did work in Conviction but put back in all the stuff that made SC good in the old games.

Like any good stealth game it can be much harder to not play stealthy. You can get your ass handed to you pretty quick if you get spotted. That said, they balanced it so that it is possible to play aggro and the game even has different trophies for different play styles. Being able to ghost through a Splinter Cell level is a real challenge (i.e. no kills, never spotted).
Thank you for your brief intro, I will certainly keep it in mind. Specially since it's a TPS game that I always want to try. May be in the easy mode, hopefully it will not be as hard as what I'm thinking.
stringtapper wrote:I hope that the new Deus Ex Square Enix is developing can finally recapture what made the original Deus Ex (2000) so great. Human Revolution got close and is a truly great game, but there was a crazy level of flexibility in the way the narrative progressed in the original that was truly unique. Being able to kill one of the main antagonists long before you're even supposed to know that they are an antagonist? Brilliant.
I've tried hard to like DeusEX after listening to some opinions here, but sadly can't. May be it's just me, the game mechanism is just not my type as I'm not really an FPS player. I believe it's a brilliant game for most people. The next version has been planned http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/25/deus- ... re-closure

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 am

another great video about the Shadow of Mordor http://youtu.be/h5fRymhZbG8
Timbeaux wrote:uhh, i forgot portal2...

may the best coop game i ever played (single player is also very cool, especially the comments of the bad computer are awesome).

the only bad thing:

it ended to fast.
have you hug your coop buddy? it has an achievement for that :D

So glad that my friend game me the final hours to complete the collection.

Has anyone tried the Perceptual Pack? So curious about it.

Btw, what is your steam and PSN ID guys? This is mine: Steam, PSN: crystalmsc
Mostly on PSN though.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Never expected this. Been feeling very under the weather the last couple of days, and found myself really missing a console system as that's usually when I play games the most. Decided now was a good time to get a PS4, and walked across the street to the store to buy one. But.... I couldn't find a single game I wanted to play.

The new Shadows of Mordor is about the only thing that comes close, but it's not out until Tuesday. I'm not usually a fan of the post-zombie thing, but given the way people talk about TLOU I'm starting to think it's worth a try. So weird that there's still not many big games out for these systems yet.

Roll on Nov 18th.