Today’s police show restraint

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
regretfullySaid

Re: Today’s police show restraint

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 am

Fuck da popo

I don't care if cops have to take some shit, if they stopped being pricks then people would treat em better and it's still no excuse to go over the line.

What really disappoints to me is when blacks respond with rioting and looting and I feel even more for the blacks who are total facepalming about their 'own people' doing it and all the hard work they try to put in to rising above it. Otherwise they're just reinforcing everything bigots hate about them.
ImageImage

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:41 am

beats me wrote:On top of that there was a kid in the house (a neighborhood house, not a compound in bumfuck) who survived and testified that there were police with automatic guns behind the house shooting at anybody trying to exit the fire.

And no police or government officials were prosecuted for anything.
Two things:
MOVE were a militant anti government organization. Oddly enough I was talking to an older 'liberal' type woman who flatly said that the cops did the right thing, the MOVE People were engaged in a gun battle with cops from in that house. I don't really agree, but it puts the whole insanity of it in perspective.

Secondly, yes, 30 years ago things were much worse, in almost every respect. go back another 10 years and you have cops in the KKK in the South killing civil rights students etc.

None of that justifies the noticable increase in police murders that have took place lately. There has been a spike up in cops shooting people.

Starving student is a mult that somehow grabbed the original starving students account. Everything he says should be filtered through the inanity of that sort of grade school hi jinx.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:52 am

shadx312 wrote: What really disappoints to me is when blacks respond with rioting and looting and I feel even more for the blacks who are total facepalming about their 'own people' doing it and all the hard work they try to put in to rising above it. Otherwise they're just reinforcing everything bigots hate about them.
totally agree with this, I mean look white people used to loot, white people used to commit white on white violence and crime, white people used to take drugs, sell drugs, steal etc…
and everything that white people did reinforced what bigots hate about them, after they stopped doing all of that stuff people changed how they felt about them and things got better for them in society. Black people should do the same and they could start by showing some respect for the brave men and women that police our inner cities.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:19 am

eyeknow wrote: @OT: Who cares. I've had worse things happen. Life sucks. But hey, I've gotta be careful what I say because "he" follows me.
8O
You had worse things happen to you than a police helicopter dropping a freaking bomb on your house and burn all of your friends and neighbours?!

Wow, America really is a fucked up place!!! :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:09 pm

starving student wrote:
shadx312 wrote: What really disappoints to me is when blacks respond with rioting and looting and I feel even more for the blacks who are total facepalming about their 'own people' doing it and all the hard work they try to put in to rising above it. Otherwise they're just reinforcing everything bigots hate about them.
totally agree with this, I mean look white people used to loot, white people used to commit white on white violence and crime, white people used to take drugs, sell drugs, steal etc…
and everything that white people did reinforced what bigots hate about them, after they stopped doing all of that stuff people changed how they felt about them and things got better for them in society. Black people should do the same and they could start by showing some respect for the brave men and women that police our inner cities.
Nah that argument doesn't work because whites aren't the ones being integrated into society and then given the old 'here's your ghetto and crack' treatment. And it's not just about making whitey happy it's about their own culture ripping itself apart and what about the teachings of MLK so yeah why the fuck hasn't the real starving made a new account?
ImageImage

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:38 pm

shadx312 wrote:Fuck da popo

I don't care if cops have to take some shit, if they stopped being pricks then people would treat em better and it's still no excuse to go over the line.

What really disappoints to me is when blacks respond with rioting and looting and I feel even more for the blacks who are total facepalming about their 'own people' doing it and all the hard work they try to put in to rising above it. Otherwise they're just reinforcing everything bigots hate about them.
Amen.

Again (I know you don't really agree but.... ) this is a fucked up planet. People that are able to coast through w/o horrible things (and I'm not talking about "shit happens stuff" ) are just lucky. They think that people that have been raped/bombed/what the fuck ever are just a statistic and that they are somehow more special. Some idiots even say it's god :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:48 am

shadx312 wrote:
starving student wrote:
Nah that argument doesn't work because whites aren't the ones being integrated into society and then given the old 'here's your ghetto and crack' treatment. And it's not just about making whitey happy it's about their own culture ripping itself apart and what about the teachings of MLK so yeah why the fuck hasn't the real starving made a new account?
Am I the only one who understands starving students posts as purely sarcastic?!
I think he is doing a pretty good job of being the ironic devils advocate too.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Starving student is a mult that somehow grabbed the original starving students account. Everything he says should be filtered through the inanity of that sort of grade school hi jinx.
No, it's him. He's just doing a poor job of trying to make a point by saying the opposite of what he believes.
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:11 pm

I was more thinking it was the sarcastic tip but machines post threw me off :P
ImageImage

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:51 am

I used starving students to move 2/3 across country back in the 90's. Dem ...... Couldn't get a simple thing like movin' right. I think starving students should starve, or cater to cpressxzzzzzzzzzz.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:24 pm

eyeknow wrote:I used starving students to move 2/3 across country back in the 90's. Dem ...... Couldn't get a simple thing like movin' right. I think starving students should starve, or cater to cpressxzzzzzzzzzz.
You are losing us here. You start to sound like Derzai, rambling on about unrelated things in your past and harping on about Lounge drama that no one else cares about, saying inane things in the process.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 am

Whatever, cprezzzz.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:23 am

beats me wrote:On John Africa and his MOVE organization back in the 80’s.
Glassey, after being found in possession of weapons, was later arrested; he implicated Africa and other MOVE members in various crimes. On July 23, 1981 in the Philadelphia federal court, Africa and his co-defendant Alfonso Africa (representing themselves) were tried and acquitted on weapons and conspiracy charges by a jury that deliberated for almost six days. Law enforcement officials obtained indictments on the implicated members of MOVE and, on May 13, 1985, attempted to arrest them, which led to an armed standoff with MOVE and a subsequent raid by the Philadelphia Police Department. During the raid, Africa was killed along with six other adults and four children when the Philadelphia Police Department head of bomb disposal, on board a Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, dropped a satchel containing a gel-based explosive on a fortified bunker occupied by members of MOVE. The resulting explosion started a fire that resulted in the destruction of 53 homes in the neighborhood. The order was given by city officials to "Let the Fire Burn.". The explosion, fire, and shootout killed all but two members of MOVE who were present, leaving Ramona and Birdie Africa severely burned. Birdie was released while Ramona went on to serve her maximum sentence of 7 years in prison.

That's right, the police dropped a bomb from a helicopter on a house in a neighborhood which destroyed most of the neighborhood. Official response: Worth it!

:x
You're trying to say mindless killings is not what the police do today? Do you live in Iceland perhaps? The Lögrugla is kind of friendly there. Everywhere else…
Make some music!

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:44 pm

beats me wrote:
shadx312 wrote:Did you see that Let The Fire Burn doc recently?

That was almost 30 years ago. Or are you subliminally trying to tell someone to MOVE :lol:

I heard about it from a podcast that covers fucked up or hilarious moments/people in US history.

Another podcast covered 10 cent beer night at a major league ball game in the 70’s and you can imagine what chaos that caused. :)

Another was about how during George Washington’s time just about everybody did dentistry as a side job and he pretty much had a primitive robot borg mouth when he died. :)

The podcast is called The Dollop. Highly recommended.
Podcast sounds interesting, will check out. Do they cover the Boston Molasses Disaster? Nothing like dying in a 25ft, 35MPH wave of molasses...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

i blame that hippity dippity dop. it's a goddamm outrage :x