Do people actually dance to current dance music?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Do people actually dance to current dance music?

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Tarekith wrote:
beats me wrote:That’s an interesting thought because it seems the next new hot genre is always more primitive or rudimentary than the last. Slight alteration, dumb it down a bit, name it a new genre and then beat it into the dirt until somebody comes along and runs it through the same process.
Seems like the opposite for me, each new hot genre gets more and more complex, with shorter and shorter sections and songs. So may tracks now seem to have groove pausing skips in the beat every 4 bars, I don't know how people can KEEP a groove dancing :)

I wouldn’t call the slide from Dub Step to Trap a move in the complex direction.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

given that dubstep has had its golden moment trap is more interesting. Also, dubstep, or to be more accurate, brostep, like with traditional songs, is supposed to build up to the chorus as the apex but with trap it builds up and instead of going I to an explosion it goes to the bare beat and it works. So it's kind of flipped, and kind of a first with mainstream music.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

I thought Trap was a 2013 thing? :)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 pm

You could say it could be on its way out by now but I haven't heard anything that will be taking its place, unless juke hasn't been mainstream yet then that's probly it. So 5 years from now little sisters will be mourning over Dj Rashad.

Ironically, juke might as well be traps grandfather.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Admittedly I don’t know what the current hot dance genre is but I defer to my coworker who is always buying tickets to commercial raves regardless of who is playing and he’s constantly referencing Trap and I haven’t heard anything played by him that could be considered complex regardless of genre. And the noob questions in the Music Production forum also seem to be Trapcentric.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Well, like with any genre I'm sure some there's plenty of mainstream tap that pcould be shit or watered down and I'm not sure if what I've heard is mainstream or not but I've heard plenty that's pretty tight.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:19 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well, like with any genre I'm sure some there's plenty of mainstream tap that pcould be shit or watered down and I'm not sure if what I've heard is mainstream or not but I've heard plenty that's pretty tight.

I’m sure you’re right but I’m using my coworker as a gauge of where the money is at. The bigger the event, the more likely he is to blindly buy a ticket. Also Vegas, LA, and Miami are a big attraction to him for the huge gatherings of bouncing douchebaggery.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Ask him about the Electric Daisy Carnival :P

And happy 90th birthday
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 pm

:lol:
Why else would you watch them? :P
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:47 pm

:roll:
That's beyond lame.
Your smugness is severly misplaced, philistines! :x

Seems that real clubs have a no picture policy for good reason.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Dj Dan used to make me dance my ass off!!! Always bringing it funky and hard.

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 pm

As I recall a good "E" would make me dance to anything...
Since I have been restricting myself to alcohol only (following my doctor's advice...) I haven't felt like dancing at all...
Skål!
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
That's beyond lame.

"real clubs" - seems like at least one of them is house. the one with the guy yawning and the comment about the vibe in the room.

*shrugs* besides the guy in the pink... er hem... salmon polo shirt and the dude with the snot running down his face everyone else seemed to be having fun in one way or another. at the very least you can say that they wanted to be there. it just doesn't look good which is a superficial bunch of shit anyway.

oh and... maybe the girl smelling her pits should relocate to a bathroom stall.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:56 am

H20nly wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
That's beyond lame.

"real clubs" - seems like at least one of them is house. the one with the guy yawning and the comment about the vibe in the room.

*shrugs* besides the guy in the pink... er hem... salmon polo shirt and the dude with the snot running down his face everyone else seemed to be having fun in one way or another. at the very least you can say that they wanted to be there. it just doesn't look good which is a superficial bunch of shit anyway.

oh and... maybe the girl smelling her pits should relocate to a bathroom stall.
We have one of these boiler room thingies in Berlin, I've never heard anyone mention it in a serious clubbing related context.
What's the deal with having club franchises anyways?!
This is not McD!
Who is going there? Who knows, probably tourists.

But in any case what I take issue with is filming (and streaming on the web!!!) of what happens in the club as part of the PR of the club.
Clubs are special places IMO where people for once in their average conformist life can let loose and be a little crazy. This ruins it!
Imagine going to a club, getting high, letting loose.....and then on Monday you're the butt joke of the whole office. This is disgusting!

And I looked at the first ten or so gifs, and the stuff people make fun of is beyond lame.

So someone does stupid hand movements when they dance, is less than professional when trying to chat up girls, tries to find out if they are too sweaty already (as they should be, this is a club night ffs), or god forbid, wear something that the masses disapprove of? What's there to ridicule?!

I've seen things in clubs/on festivals that are leagues beyond that! (Someone at a Goa rave cutting off his big toe in the middle of the dancefloor with a pair of scissors high on PCP?! 8O Check!)

I'll stick with: Philistines, the lot'a ya'll! :x