Apple is run by a gay man.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Machinesworking

Apple is run by a gay man.

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 pm

So, what are the zit faced nerds going to say in PC wars now that Tim Cook has come out of the closet?
The whole attack on the sexuality of the user thing you would see over the years is now not just in bad taste, it's pretty much in the worst taste. :x

On a forum note, having friends that worked there I knew Cook was gay before he came out, and the first keynote he gave post Jobs was met with discussion here of how 'gay' it was. :lol: :lol:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/30/in-he ... to-be-gay/

beats me

Re: Apple is run by a gay man.

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm

I wish he scheduled a keynote just to announce he is gay so we could watch the stock price and listen to analysts fumbling around trying to explain it. :P

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 pm

"But there's one more thing…"

:lol:
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm

stringtapper wrote:"But there's one more thing…"

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just announced he’s Indian.

They still don’t get it.

:x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 pm

beats me wrote:Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just announced he’s Indian.

They still don’t get it.

How about that Karma comment he made about women CEOs? Not a good first impression. That was real, and dumb as fuck. :x

I agree, a keynote would have been hilarious, the analysts would be like a sports announcer fumbling saying something about how black people are fast etc. :lol: :lol:

I for one welcome our new gay overlord! :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 am

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote:Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just announced he’s Indian.

They still don’t get it.

How about that Karma comment he made about women CEOs? Not a good first impression. That was real, and dumb as fuck. :x

I agree, a keynote would have been hilarious, the analysts would be like a sports announcer fumbling saying something about how black people are fast etc. :lol: :lol:

I for one welcome our new gay overlord! :x

Yeah, that statement about women in the workforce and karma was 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O and there was not one defensible angle where somebody could go "Come on, he was just saying......".

But that moment also shows how irrelevant Microsoft is right now. It was barely a blip on the news. Anonymous predictably misogynist gamers are getting more air time than the CEO of Microsoft who thinks women are less than equal. Maybe he'll make the news again when he announces all Microsoft stores will be accepting karma coupons as a new payment method. Take that Apple Pay!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am

beats me wrote: Yeah, that statement about women in the workforce and karma was 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O and there was not one defensible angle where somebody could go "Come on, he was just saying......".

But that moment also shows how irrelevant Microsoft is right now. It was barely a blip on the news. Anonymous predictably misogynist gamers are getting more air time than the CEO of Microsoft who thinks women are less than equal. Maybe he'll make the news again when he announces all Microsoft stores will be accepting karma coupons as a new payment method. Take that Apple Pay!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually had hope that he would be interesting, but that was the most pedestrian BS thing he could have said IMO.
Anyway, at least he's keeping Microsofts long standing awkward CEO tradition alive.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:58 pm

beats me wrote:I wish he scheduled a keynote just to announce he is gay so we could watch the stock price and listen to analysts fumbling around trying to explain it. :P
Wall Street panics on any kind of news, they don;t seperate good news from bad any more 8) 8) 8)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:12 pm

He's actually been out for years... Hasn't really been a secret at all.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 pm

beats me wrote:But that moment also shows how irrelevant Microsoft is right now. It was barely a blip on the news. Anonymous predictably misogynist gamers are getting more air time than the CEO of Microsoft who thinks women are less than equal. Maybe he'll make the news again when he announces all Microsoft stores will be accepting karma coupons as a new payment method. Take that Apple Pay!
Microsoft is about as irrelevant as food or air. just sayin...

just because you don't like their home products or the Surface Pro blah or Windows 8 blah blah blah doesn't change the fact that most of the 1st world runs on their products.
you have a gmail account right? thank Microsoft for those messages making it back and forth.

you have Netflix right? thank Microsoft... for your entertainment traveling into your face.
Pandora...
your internet service provider... and... the ones you don't use that help pass your messages and streams along...
etc.
etc.

i could go on and on with that list. i know you love Apple products and they are very nice consumer products, i agree, but their server and large scale networking products are a far cry from coming close to taking on Microsoft. what's left, Linux... ok, cool they've got FTP on lock down and some email and other subsystems... woot!, but those DNS roles on servers provided by Microsoft Server 20xx are what makes the web go round.

like it or not. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:27 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:But that moment also shows how irrelevant Microsoft is right now. It was barely a blip on the news. Anonymous predictably misogynist gamers are getting more air time than the CEO of Microsoft who thinks women are less than equal. Maybe he'll make the news again when he announces all Microsoft stores will be accepting karma coupons as a new payment method. Take that Apple Pay!
Microsoft is about as irrelevant as food or air. just sayin...

just because you don't like their home products or the Surface Pro blah or Windows 8 blah blah blah doesn't change the fact that most of the 1st world runs on their products.
you have a gmail account right? thank Microsoft for those messages making it back and forth.

you have Netflix right? thank Microsoft... for your entertainment traveling into your face.
Pandora...
your internet service provider... and... the ones you don't use that help pass your messages and streams along...
etc.
etc.

i could go on and on with that list. i know you love Apple products and they are very nice consumer products, i agree, but their server and large scale networking products are a far cry from coming close to taking on Microsoft. what's left, Linux... ok, cool they've got FTP on lock down and some email and other subsystems... woot!, but those DNS roles on servers provided by Microsoft Server 20xx are what makes the web go round.

like it or not. :x

OK. Bad choice of words. Microsoft is about as exciting as food (before people started taking a picture of every meal :x ) and air. And basically you are saying they are the oil industry of tech. Oil goes into so much more than gas in your tank. You can’t escape oil products even when you don’t have a car.

I will admit their new health bracelet seems pretty impressive and they smartly didn’t try to compete with the Apple Watch. It looks like a top notch health tracker with its features like built-in GPS that doesn’t need to sync to a phone.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 pm

So how about that thread in the Audio section?! 8O

Seems there are quite a few bigots around these parts :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 pm

TomViolenz wrote:So how about that thread in the Audio section?! 8O

Seems there are quite a few bigots around these parts :x

This was some devastating news to the knuckle dragging mouth breathers. At first they were all applauding the non-white slave labor, but then to find out it was all orchestrated by a gay man? 8O :x