Apple is run by a gay man.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: Apple is run by a gay man.

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:18 pm

beats me wrote:
H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:But that moment also shows how irrelevant Microsoft is right now. It was barely a blip on the news. Anonymous predictably misogynist gamers are getting more air time than the CEO of Microsoft who thinks women are less than equal. Maybe he'll make the news again when he announces all Microsoft stores will be accepting karma coupons as a new payment method. Take that Apple Pay!
Microsoft is about as irrelevant as food or air. just sayin...

just because you don't like their home products or the Surface Pro blah or Windows 8 blah blah blah doesn't change the fact that most of the 1st world runs on their products.
you have a gmail account right? thank Microsoft for those messages making it back and forth.

you have Netflix right? thank Microsoft... for your entertainment traveling into your face.
Pandora...
your internet service provider... and... the ones you don't use that help pass your messages and streams along...
etc.
etc.

i could go on and on with that list. i know you love Apple products and they are very nice consumer products, i agree, but their server and large scale networking products are a far cry from coming close to taking on Microsoft. what's left, Linux... ok, cool they've got FTP on lock down and some email and other subsystems... woot!, but those DNS roles on servers provided by Microsoft Server 20xx are what makes the web go round.

like it or not. :x

OK. Bad choice of words. Microsoft is about as exciting as food (before people started taking a picture of every meal :x ) and air. And basically you are saying they are the oil industry of tech. Oil goes into so much more than gas in your tank. You can’t escape oil products even when you don’t have a car.

I will admit their new health bracelet seems pretty impressive and they smartly didn’t try to compete with the Apple Watch. It looks like a top notch health tracker with its features like built-in GPS that doesn’t need to sync to a phone.
agreed... or as exciting as corn, but equally involved in every. fucking. thing.

In regard to the bracelet. I didn't even know they had one.
I don't really like the notion of adding yet another tracking device to my person. :x

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm

TomViolenz wrote:So how about that thread in the Audio section?! 8O

Seems there are quite a few bigots around these parts :x
Ugh! I'm still pretty sure that dude thought his joke was hilarious! offhand jokes about turning lesbians nested in a thread implicitly disparaging gays. *INCEPTION*

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am

Wow, this thread is much better than the other. Irony meter haz been brokz.........

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:19 am

H20nly wrote: what's left, Linux... ok, cool they've got FTP on lock down and some email and other subsystems... woot!, but those DNS roles on servers provided by Microsoft Server 20xx are what makes the web go round.
You think it's one way. It's the other way.
Unix and Linux is what most internet servers run on no mater what task they do, including top-domain DNS servers and other DNS servers out there. Granted Microsoft has some stuff out there too, but their market share is not very big or anything.
Make some music!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 am

WAit..........gay being ONE WAY OR THE OTHER?

No, fuck me..........you are kidding?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:29 am

antarktika wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:So how about that thread in the Audio section?! 8O

Seems there are quite a few bigots around these parts :x
Ugh! I'm still pretty sure that dude thought his joke was hilarious! offhand jokes about turning lesbians nested in a thread implicitly disparaging gays. *INCEPTION*
I honestly thought nothing of that joke except that it was trite.

That Gifford character though, brought the whole "why don't they stop telling everyone they have that self chosen habit and invade our rituals" attitude.

I thought that post should have caught all the flack.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:52 pm

eh, as I explained in the other post, lost causes are exactly that, I think people who are unwittingly demonstrating casual prejudices might actually benefit from acknowledging those things they maybe hadn't even considered about themselves. I'm sure dude "has a gay friend" or something and doesn't even think twice about making tasteless jokes like that, but some *ahem* people, with differing gender preferences might see more benefit in taking issue with minor slights like that more than obstinately hateful stuff like Gifford was spewing.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Understood.

But on the other hand people might feel cornered, making it even less likely that they think twice next time.

/Slightly off topic:
I'm also with the people, who start to get a little fed up with the loud fight for these civil rights, while everyone stays mum about the loss of privacy to our corporate and government overlords.

It's almost like a very transparent fig leaf to make us believe that we live in a free society, while the authoritarian surveilance/police state gets errected around us :x

Even Angela Merkel is embracing gay rights nowadays, that should make everyone think twice!

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:05 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Understood.

But on the other hand people might feel cornered, making it even less likely that they think twice next time.

/Slightly off topic:
I'm also with the people, who start to get a little fed up with the loud fight for these civil rights, while everyone stays mum about the loss of privacy to our corporate and government overlords.

It's almost like a very transparent fig leaf to make us believe that we live in a free society, while the authoritarian surveilance/police state gets errected around us :x

Even Angela Merkel is embracing gay rights nowadays, that should make everyone think twice!
I'm fully in support of that viewpoint, definitely seeing the slide, and would gladly hop into that discussion when it finds its way into the music and audio production forum :P

Maybe we need a new topic: Apple CEO is gay and part of the corporate/government/military hegemonic powers that are rapidly eating away at our basic freedoms! ;)

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:45 pm

If I would have said this one of the moderaters would have pm' me saying I have one more chance.. Yeah this means you...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

john gordon wrote:If I would have said this one of the moderaters would have pm' me saying I have one more chance.. Yeah this means you...
I often wonder how I've invaded their wrath. I've gotten two PMs from mods in all the years Ive been here.

I think it's a "devil you know" thing, I've chased away a lot of people worse than me. :twisted:

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

There must be something wrong going on with Apple HQ if they think that this is the way to go...
And I am not homophobic!
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:He's actually been out for years... Hasn't really been a secret at all.

:x
Yeah anyone with any amount of gaydar got it, he did this for the teenage kids who are freaking out about finding out they're gay etc. always a good thing to be a role model when you're as chill as he comes across.

Also, WTF? where have you been??

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:20 am

Goddard wrote:There must be something wrong going on with Apple HQ if they think that this is the way to go...
And I am not homophobic!
In typical fashion, you're post makes no sense. Are you not liking the watch and feeling the need to knock Tim Cook in a thread completely unrelated to that topic? and understanding how dumb that is, afraid you might come across as just an asshole?

Well don't worry, all of us that have read your posts in the past have already figured that out. :wink: