Goodbye America

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TomViolenz

Re: Goodbye America

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Hillary will restart the cold war, and they are all pro Israel...
Actually it's quite possible that Hillary is more of a hawk than Jeb. Look at the war records of democrats and republicans and they're equally guilty of involving us in pointless wars. Viet Nam was a democrat fiasco, JFK and LBJ basically were responsible for that, and a republican pulled us out. Democrats are mostly more liberal and easy to deal with in terms of domestic policy, in terms of being nicer etc, but corporate and foreign policy? it's a lie they are any better.
agreed
What actually kind of blows me away is that europeans don't all see that? Did you know that up until JFK democrats voted against civil rights? That the KKK was a staunchly democratic organization pretty much up until Reagan? Not saying republicans are any good, just pointing out that it's not as black and white as the spin doctors would have you believe these days.
The parties changed positions in the political spectrum regarding civil liberties at the time though.

Look up Southern Democrats and Southern Strategy.

steko

Post by steko » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Your guys are talking about a different time / generation Democrats vs Republicans - this has completely changed & re:dream is completely right:

Professor Noam Chomsky speaking at UF - YouTube

(if you have more time, better start a little earlier in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM3M20uNBv4#t=1h29m00s)

Saying both parties now are still the same has to be a bad joke. I mean seriously, guys? The Republicans now are the party of anti-science / anti-intellectualism - Or look at their stance on the economy, healthcare etc. etc. - facts & evidence simply don't count anymore.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronom ... reams.html

http://www.juancole.com/2014/11/ministr ... ttees.html

more maybe later - have some stuff to do…
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:26 pm

When the Republicans hold office of President, Senate and Congress it's chaos, when the Democrats hold the same, it's chaos. It's time for some more Independents and Libertarians.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:42 pm

As citizens we’ll just continue to focus on the married gay Muslim Mexican pothead because this is what affects us most on a daily basis and deserves the most attention. We’ll let the adults in government handle the more complex issues because they know better.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:52 pm

beats me wrote:As citizens we’ll just continue to focus on the married gay Muslim Mexican pothead because this is what affects us most on a daily basis and deserves the most attention. We’ll let the adults in government handle the more complex issues because they know better.
This! :x

[spl]

Post by [spl] » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi everyone!

Just letting you know that we will be locking this thread, as topics regarding politics and religion are generally not part of the scope of our forum.

Here is a handy link to our Community Guidelines, which you might already be familiar with.

Thanks for your understanding. :)