Richie Hawtin you idiot.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beatz01

Richie Hawtin you idiot.

Post by beatz01 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 pm

What an ego inflated stupid prick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDozKCtVzcQ

Pitch Black

Re: Richie Hawtin you idiot.

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:01 am

Official statement from Richie Hawtins FB-Page: "Regarding the incident at Time Warp in New York this weekend which is being posted and talked about on the web, I would like to apologise here to the girl involved. It was not my intention that the speaker fell. Only to nudge the monitors in her direction and for her to understand that perhaps she had filmed enough. I was as surprised as I'm sure she was when it moved the way it did and the top speaker fell off of the stack. For that, I'm extremely sorry and embarrassed about what happened. This was never my intention. Sometimes being in the middle of the spotlight, continual cameras and glaring iPhone lights, things can get stressful and frustrating. I'm sorry that this frustration took an unexpected turn and took away from anyone's experience of Time Warp. I have tried to reach the girl to apologise personally but have not yet been able to track her down and will continue to try to contact her."?

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:09 am

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:20 am

I agree, meh. Chaotic things happen at gigs all the time. I once accidentally punched a woman in the throat at a show - she was trying to jokingly pull off my prothetic nose (it was a special gig :wink: ) which unknown to her was firmly stuck on with spirit glue. When she grabbed it and yanked it down hard it hurt, and I had to double over from the waist with her pulling motion and my hand shot out, unsighted, on instinct to get her to stop pulling, and I connected with her throat. WAAAYY overreaction, but accidental.

Rock n Rooooooooooll!!!!

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:38 am

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 am

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:30 am

Tarekith wrote:You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.
Rober Crumb quote! :)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:28 am

But did he drop the bass?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:07 am

Richie Hawtin personifies everything that's wrong with Techno nowadays. Yuck :x
I'm sure he has people to make 49 tracks a year for him...

/unrelated to that incident

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 am

TomViolenz wrote:Richie Hawtin personifies everything that's wrong with Techno nowadays. Yuck :x
I'm sure he has people to make 49 tracks a year for him...

/unrelated to that incident
Total Bullshit. I listen to the music and it's better than much of the other shite released labeled as "Techno". Though no releases of Hawtin's been in my sets since 1992 the tracks he plays when he DJs makes me wanna dance without stopping. I can't begin to tell you how many purist "Techno DJs" that makes me want to go to bed, or puke for that matter, as I get bored and depressed by their lack of musical perception.

No event will change my perception of the music as that is all I care about.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:36 am

TomViolenz wrote:So I take it you are a big fan of Scooter too?! :
Are you tone deaf now? :mrgreen:
I guess you don't listen to music but rather to your prejudice. Hawtin's techno as Plastikman isn't pop music nor are his sets (heard him DJ in Barcelona multiple times) as you're suggesting. It's as about as far from that you can come.

It's interesting how people have issues with people that just make the music they want rather than what the audience wants. I say if it's good music it's good and that's the end of it. But then I know music and usually practice very little prejudice.
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:56 am

Stromkraft wrote: But then I know music and usually practice very little prejudice.
Oh the enlightment, I can feel it wash over me :mrgreen:

Anyways, musically Hawtin is "good" at finding the cheapest ear candy at any given moment that will make the sheep go crazy. I give him that. That's why he's so damn successful (and it's also part of why I think he personifies the worse of the poor state of Techno atm).
So if that's what you go and strive for, you would of course consider him a giant. ;-)
But beyond that he does nothing musically interesting whatsoever.

Just like Scooter. Because if you look at Hyper Hyper in isolation it's a freaking banger bar none. :lol:

Unrelated: Just curios, are you German or did you just take a German sounding moniker?

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:55 pm

You can't knock any pop band that namechecks the KLF ffs.

mikb

Post by mikb » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:29 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: But then I know music and usually practice very little prejudice.
Oh the enlightment, I can feel it wash over me :mrgreen:

Anyways, musically Hawtin is "good" at finding the cheapest ear candy at any given moment that will make the sheep go crazy. I give him that. That's why he's so damn successful (and it's also part of why I think he personifies the worse of the poor state of Techno atm).
So if that's what you go and strive for, you would of course consider him a giant. ;-)
But beyond that he does nothing musically interesting whatsoever.

Just like Scooter. Because if you look at Hyper Hyper in isolation it's a freaking banger bar none.

So it's official then that Tom Violenz don't know Techno. Pathetic.

Of course you can say you don't like an artist or whatever but to make comparisons that are not based in actual music is just silly.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.