Movies

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
eyeknow

Re: Movies

Post by eyeknow » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:59 am

The Matrix is awesome (if I say it enough times I'll program you youngsters into realizing just how good it is)

Just saw "Captain America/Winter Soldier" and enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't always like the marvel stuff this much.

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:19 pm

eyeknow wrote:The Matrix is awesome (if I say it enough times I'll program you youngsters into realizing just how good it is)
TRUE TRUE.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:04 pm

I thought Gone Girl was pretty good, and despite knowing plenty of spoilers before I saw it. Maybe that made it more enjoyable because I really didn’t do any :roll: because I knew certain things were going to happen already. Maybe a little overhyped but I wouldn’t say it was disappointing.

I think the spoilers were even overhyped. :lol:

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:05 am

beats me wrote:I thought Gone Girl was pretty good, and despite knowing plenty of spoilers before I saw it. Maybe that made it more enjoyable because I really didn’t do any :roll: because I knew certain things were going to happen already. Maybe a little overhyped but I wouldn’t say it was disappointing.

I think the spoilers were even overhyped. :lol:
It would've been better without Ben AFLAC. What a dingleberry. :|

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:13 am

Ben aflack and tyler perry in one show?

:lol:

No thanks.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:03 pm

What’s the problem with Ben Affleck? I don’t recall. For me personally its mostly he tends to be in movies I don’t want to see anyway based on the premise. Other than that I don’t remember where all the hate comes from.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

beats me wrote:What’s the problem with Ben Affleck? I don’t recall. For me personally its mostly he tends to be in movies I don’t want to see anyway based on the premise. Other than that I don’t remember where all the hate comes from.
On the internet no one needs a reason to hate on someone ;-)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Photo of Aquaman from upcoming Superman vs. Batman released

So I guess the whole DC-movieverse is about superheroes who aren’t happy about it and dress like villains.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:59 pm

beats me wrote:What’s the problem with Ben Affleck? I don’t recall. For me personally its mostly he tends to be in movies I don’t want to see anyway based on the premise. Other than that I don’t remember where all the hate comes from.
Really? He's not a very good actor. He's just a pretty face. In fact, the worst performance I've seen of him was when he won an oscar. Fake and unbelievable character.

His best was "Daredevil" which everyone hated :?

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Hm, never paid much attention to his acting, probably because I haven’t seen a lot of his movies. Thought he was good in Gone Girl.

On a related note I will be watching John Wick this weekend staring the incomparable Keanu Reeves. :)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 pm

I love how the DC movies manage to suck all of the wonder and joy out of superheroes.

So, so awful. I mean, look at that fucking Aquaman getup.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:09 pm

How the motherfuck could they NOT at least try and get away from his Game of Thrones character.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I love how the DC movies manage to suck all of the wonder and joy out of superheroes.

So, so awful. I mean, look at that fucking Aquaman getup.

I know, right. The Wonder Woman getup is equally as dark. Are the Wonder Twins going to transform into a vulture and raw sewage in a rusty bucket? :x

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 pm

He's a cocky little turd - actually a cocky tall and lanky turd. I wouldn't call it a "hate thing" by an means. Just think he's overrated which is par for the course in the age of modern mediocrity, plus he's a lanky turd. :|

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:
He's a cocky little turd - actually a cocky tall and lanky turd. I wouldn't call it a "hate thing" by an means. Just think he's overrated which is par for the course in the age of modern mediocrity, plus he's a lanky turd. :|

But before Argo who was rating/overrating/underrating him other than house wives and the media outlets that cater to them? What other gold standard have they created that everybody else subscribes to?