Movies

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Styles Bitchly

Re: Movies

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:07 pm

beats me wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:
beats me wrote:What’s the problem with Ben Affleck? I don’t recall. For me personally its mostly he tends to be in movies I don’t want to see anyway based on the premise. Other than that I don’t remember where all the hate comes from.
He's a cocky little turd - actually a cocky tall and lanky turd. I wouldn't call it a "hate thing" by an means. Just think he's overrated which is par for the course in the age of modern mediocrity, plus he's a lanky turd. :|

But before Argo who was rating/overrating/underrating him other than house wives and the media outlets that cater to them? What other gold standard have they created that everybody else subscribes to?
Well...therein lies the core problem.....HE was overrating himself. Don't forget about all of Good Will Hunting pomp and circumstance which actually got the smugo-ball rolling. :wink:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 pm

beats me wrote:Hm, never paid much attention to his acting, probably because I haven’t seen a lot of his movies. Thought he was good in Gone Girl.

On a related note I will be watching John Wick this weekend staring the incomparable Keanu Reeves. :)
:x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

John Wick was pretty good, but has the same problem most of these action gun fight movies have. Killing dozens and dozens of minions quickly but when it comes to the one bad guy he really wants to kill he suddenly can’t aim for shit, and the bad guy isn’t any more skilled than the minions. :x

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 pm

:P That's not important. All that matters is, ARE THE BAD GUYS RUSSIANS?

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Yes, they are. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Annabelle. Horrible. I get the feeling they were going for that 1960’s horror campiness that actually comes off quite creepy…when done in the 60’s. Done today, doesn’t work.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:31 pm

So Citizenfour got the docu Oscar and HBO is apparently showing it tonight. Take care to catch it!

While the (admittedly funny - seriously he was the only one that made HIMYM bearable) actor Neil Patrick Harris thinks himself clever with a "Edward Snowden can't come to the ceremony for some treason" remark. :roll:

How can you be politically so asleep that you don't realize that this is not making a light hearted joke, but falling in line with the "jack boots" in government.

So I guess last night was at the same time an example for the relevancy of art (the docu itself) and for the use of it as a tool for subjugation (the known actor falling in line).

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Guess Sean Penn wasn’t available (or possibly not invited) because he always thinks it’s the right time and place to go on a long winded diatribe about the US government, and that’s when it’s not even relevant to what he’s there for. He’s probably in Russia right now telling Putin he’s nailing it on every governmental level.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

beats me wrote: He’s probably in Russia right now telling Putin he’s nailing it on every governmental level.
:roll:

Oh my, how we all like to lap up our governments propaganda....

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 am

beats me wrote:John Wick was pretty good, but has the same problem most of these action gun fight movies have. Killing dozens and dozens of minions quickly but when it comes to the one bad guy he really wants to kill he suddenly can’t aim for shit, and the bad guy isn’t any more skilled than the minions. :x

This is what bugs me with the Hunger Games crap - in training or in the woods she can put an arrow right up a gnat's ass from 200 yards away, but can't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the movie.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:35 pm

beats me wrote:Guess Sean Penn wasn’t available (or possibly not invited) because he always thinks it’s the right time and place to go on a long winded diatribe about the US government, and that’s when it’s not even relevant to what he’s there for. He’s probably in Russia right now telling Putin he’s nailing it on every governmental level.
Penn is so tragically "indie-left-wing-lone-ranger" that it's becoming annoying.

I'd like to line up every single smug poser "Oscar Rewards" attendee and successively/individually drain their bank accounts and net worth for redistribution to those in need. :mrgreen:

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:39 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:John Wick was pretty good, but has the same problem most of these action gun fight movies have. Killing dozens and dozens of minions quickly but when it comes to the one bad guy he really wants to kill he suddenly can’t aim for shit, and the bad guy isn’t any more skilled than the minions. :x

This is what bugs me with the Hunger Games crap - in training or in the woods she can put an arrow right up a gnat's ass from 200 yards away, but can't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the movie.

:lol:
Yeah but she bagged one of Snow's incoming bombers from 1000 yards out. Even Robin Hood got a stiffy over that. :o

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:
beats me wrote:Guess Sean Penn wasn’t available (or possibly not invited) because he always thinks it’s the right time and place to go on a long winded diatribe about the US government, and that’s when it’s not even relevant to what he’s there for. He’s probably in Russia right now telling Putin he’s nailing it on every governmental level.
Penn is so tragically "indie-left-wing-lone-ranger" that it's becoming annoying.

I'd like to line up every single smug poser "Oscar Rewards" attendee and successively/individually drain their bank accounts and net worth for redistribution to those in need. :mrgreen:
As opposed to who? :lol:

All follywood pretends to be a liberal asswipe with incredible "morals" while being the douche of the decade. None of them are any different.

Oh.......and about those "rich white republicans.........."

;)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:52 am

Hi guys,

This thread has been locked for becoming too accurate.

These political discussions are bad, M'Kay?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:30 am

Eh sonny?

Hate to break you the bad news....but.......

you are NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER going to be a mod and have that power. ;)