Movies

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Good luck with the post Anaheim BS. I'm well. Heading to Boston tonight for about a week so I will probably be fairly not on here.

Go subscribe to some more posts so you post more often. :)

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Movies

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Boston woo hoo!
ImageImage

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Movies

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Since Gramma was in town I went to take her and mom to see a flick yesterday and I was going to pick the Jobs flick (still curious) but the earliest showing was at 8 o clock so I scrolled to see what there was and came across Sicario, which I don't remember seeing anything about before. With a glance of the cast and synopsis I thought cool so we went to see that and omfg, it's a must see.

Techincally the cinematography and soundtrack are striking. I found out the Johann Johannson scored it, which I'm familiar with from his album 'And In The Endless Pause There Came The Sound Of Bees'

Anyways go and see it. It's fucking awesome.

I would've regretted seeing the Jobs flick compared to this.
ImageImage

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Beasts of No Nation on Netflix, heavy shit. If you find yourself saying “first world problem” but can’t think of a third world problem then watch this movie and reflect.

Also saw Crimson Peak. Good if you're into early 1900's gothic romance thrillers with ghosts.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Movies

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Sicario, dewd. Fuckin' Sicario
ImageImage

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Yeah, I heard that is really good too, but I rarely make it to the theaters. I thought Crimson Peak would be good at the theaters because of the epic mansion.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Movies

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:18 pm

I like Mia W and T Hiddleston but I'm afraid the flick won't reach the dark potential it could get to. Well what do I know, really, I just get a sense that it's not as good as it sets out to be, or maybe just thst movies that get so much hype tend to be meh anyways. Perhaps because of..... expectations?
ImageImage

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Well the ghost part of it isn’t really the main plotline. They serve a purpose but it’s more like when people die a violent death they become ghosts and nobody really seems to find that out of the ordinary. I’m reading a biography on Sarah Winchester and the main reason spiritualism was big around that time is because people frequently died at a young age and people of the time coped with that by believing you could communicate with them from the afterlife. They really didn’t need some elaborate origin story explanation between this world and the next.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Apparently the biggest movie in Germany right now is Look Who’s Back which puts Hitler in Germany in current times trying to be a standup comedian and is filmed in Borat style getting reactions from the average person who isn’t in on the joke. :lol: 8O :lol:

Guess this marks the end to Germany’s “illegal/too soon!” policy on Hitler.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Watched the San Francisco 2.0 documentary on HBO about SF rapidly becoming the richest and most expensive city in the country and the ill effects on long time locals, businesses, and a long history of diversity in culture, arts, and anti-establishment. Pretty damn depressing from where I sit. Its the polar opposite of Detroit and neither are a good thing. :|

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Movies

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I'd kinda want to watch it but i don't think the details are with the depression it will give. I feel for SF, as much as it's felt more like a cool distant cousin in an abstract way instead of something closer, it's a shame, but maybe it'll turn around... 20—50 years from now :/

Detroit in the other hand, excited me. Possibilities!
ImageImage

oblique strategies
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Re: Movies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:25 am

beats me wrote:Watched the San Francisco 2.0 documentary on HBO about SF rapidly becoming the richest and most expensive city in the country and the ill effects on long time locals, businesses, and a long history of diversity in culture, arts, and anti-establishment. Pretty damn depressing from where I sit. Its the polar opposite of Detroit and neither are a good thing. :|
Title?

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Movies

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:58 pm

oblique strategies wrote:
beats me wrote:Watched the San Francisco 2.0 documentary on HBO about SF rapidly becoming the richest and most expensive city in the country and the ill effects on long time locals, businesses, and a long history of diversity in culture, arts, and anti-establishment. Pretty damn depressing from where I sit. Its the polar opposite of Detroit and neither are a good thing. :|
Title?

San Francisco 2.0

I wasn't being creative with my description. :lol:

oblique strategies
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Another Green World

Re: Movies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks. I'll check it.

H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Movies

Post by H20nly » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:48 am

beats me wrote:Apparently the biggest movie in Germany right now is Look Who’s Back which puts Hitler in Germany in current times trying to be a standup comedian and is filmed in Borat style getting reactions from the average person who isn’t in on the joke. :lol: 8O :lol:

Guess this marks the end to Germany’s “illegal/too soon!” policy on Hitler.
8O

oh snap :lol:

English version?

fuck SF. place is annoying.

Post Reply