Movies

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
oblique strategies

Re: Movies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:52 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:08 pm

8)

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Just watched Starship Troopers again. Talk about a great satire!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Watched Dead Pool at the theater on Saturday...

BEST. COMIC BOOK. MOVIE. EVER.

/hands up

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Yeah, I didn't even know a thing about the comic, but loved the tongue in cheek humor and the raunchiness of it all. Great movie,
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Checked out The Invitation this weekend. Just released in theaters but also VOD so I watched at home. Good slow burn suspense drama which I guess could also fall under Horror.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Watched Gone with the Wind for the first time. Liked it. It was less racists than I thought it would be unless you count almost completely glossing over slavery as one of the main causes of the Civil War and the slaves and later former slaves seemed to have no issue with their lot in life. “Darky” was the worst slur in the movie.

More alarming was what was considered romantic persistence back then today would be considered stalking and a little rapey. Imagine a woman telling you how much she doesn’t like you and you react by manhandling her and forcing a kiss and then laughing when she continues her outrage after the kiss. And repeat. “No” definitely did not mean no back then.

Overall the movie made me long for simpler times. A time completely made up and polished by Hollywood. But whatever.

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 am

I don't usually watch movies because I get bored with them quick but I watched "Jane Got A Gun" this weekend.
The scenery was nice, but thats about it. I skipped through most of it.

The movie prior to this was the newest Star Wars and I fell asleep through it at the theater. Im not in to cgi at all.

Last movie I watched that I remember liking was something with Reese Witherspoon about a girl walking the pct...... "Wild"

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 pm

The Lobster is getting good reviews including praising its originality.
According to the rules of the City, single people are taken to the Hotel where they are given 45 days to find a partner. Those who fail are turned into an animal of their choice and released into the forest. Masturbation is banned but sexual stimulation by the hotel maid, without orgasm, is mandatory. The guests attend dances and watch propaganda extolling the virtues of partnership. They can extend their stay by hunting escapees, the Loners, with tranquilizer guns in the woods. Each captured Loner affords an extra day to find a partner.
About time somebody harshly confronts the societal belief that you are of less value if you aren’t in a relationship.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri May 27, 2016 9:53 pm

8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 am

Breakdown of who makes what on a $200 million budget movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnTF3guz7EQ

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:52 pm

I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which I probably wouldn’t have if it was either just Pride and Prejudice or a zombie movie. The zombie factor added an absurd comedy backdrop to what would otherwise be a stuffy aristocrat romance drama. I also got some good lolz during a ball scene with the highly stiff and choreographed dancing of the time and one of the characters was basically spitting game about his dancing skills and doing an 18th century version of “Here comes the drop!” :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Why the fuck doesn’t Netflix streaming have playlists yet? In My List I have a standup comedian next to a Netflix original comedy series next to a classic rock documentary next to some foreign film I don’t remember putting in My List next to some poorly rated new movie I’m shocked went to streaming so quickly next to 14 seasons of some animated network series next to a movie I’ve already seen but thought was good and might want to watch later next to a Netflix original drama series….. Why can’t I organize this mess into playlists/folders?!?!?! :x :x :x

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 am

recently i've watched the documenary about johnny moped - http://basicallyjohnnymoped.com/

i quite like these punk documentaries with their old footage and suchlike. i'd only ever heard one of their songs before but i enjoyed this, well made and quite poignant

i watched the twisted sister film too : http://twistedsisterthemovie.com/

i've never been a fan and for me it was quite an eye opener as i didn't realise they were so good, they had a few hits here in the uk in the 80's but i just remember them being thought of as a bit of a joke, with their makeup and whatever

there's a documentary coming soon about the damned, i'll be watching that for sure.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Eye in the Sky. I really don’t have any big set in stone opinion on drone strikes, but the movie does a good job on showing the moral dilemma of using them. A lot of debate and running things up the chain of command as opposed to what the news media would have us believe is a "Go for it!" stamp across the board.

Green Room. Kind of reminded me of Red State except with skinheads instead of Christians. A lot of slop with attempting to cover up a crime while committing more crimes, but good if you are into intense violent thrillers.