Movies

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: Movies

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 pm

The Hateful Eight.

A lot of people say they don't like it... :? besides being long, I can't find a reason not to.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:10 pm

H20nly wrote:The Hateful Eight.

A lot of people say they don't like it... :? besides being long, I can't find a reason not to.

I feel like that movie came out like 15 years ago. :x

I have a new routine of twice a week I force myself to fire up some popcorn and the projector and watch whatever it is I got in the mail from Netflix home theater style instead of letting the DVDs collect dust until I think I am in the mood and watch the movie in bed falling in and out of sleep.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 pm

The only part I didn't like was when it ended.

I could listen to Samuel L. and Walton Goggins doing Tarantino monologues all day long.
Unsound Designer

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:36 pm

stringtapper wrote:
No hate for the smashing of a loaned 145 y/o Martin guitar?
:evil:

https://reverb.com/news/cf-martin-respo ... -eight-set
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:53 am

Pitch Black wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
No hate for the smashing of a loaned 145 y/o Martin guitar?
:evil:

https://reverb.com/news/cf-martin-respo ... -eight-set
How could I forget about that? Knowing that it happened before I saw the film made it a bit painful. :x
Unsound Designer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 am

Ouch, I hadn't heard about that part. Great movie otherwise, brutal really.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:47 pm

stringtapper wrote:

I could listen to Samuel L. and Walton Goggins doing Tarantino monologues all day long.
that's what i'm saying! Tarantino movies are amazing because of the dialog first and foremost...

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:21 pm

After watching some Stranger Things on Netflix I got inspired to do some research on Winona Ryder since I didn’t know what she's been up to between now and her depression fueled shoplifting conviction. In the process I discovered she’s only 5’3”. Holy shit, that’s short. For whatever unknown reason I just assume everybody in movies and TV is a minimum 5’6”. I know people who are 5’3” or shorter and trying to picture these actors in that same size frame makes me 8O

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 am

Yeah, I realized that when she was in Alien 4, really tiny compared to everyone else in the movie.

Stranger Things was pretty good too, though it sorta tapered off towards the end for me. Got a little too predictable. Unlike Midnight Special which was amazing at the end, really liked that movie.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Half the dudes in Hollywood are around 5'6"

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:49 pm

It goes without saying that this whole perceived height and size ratio sheds some light on those in the adult film industry.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Back on topic, watched Bernie available on Netflix streaming. Quite enjoyed it and agree as some have said that Jack Black should have been nominated for an Oscar if the academy didn’t mostly blow off movies that have comedy leanings.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:52 pm

beats me wrote:After watching some Stranger Things on Netflix I got inspired to do some research on Winona Ryder since I didn’t know what she's been up to between now and her depression fueled shoplifting conviction. In the process I discovered she’s only 5’3”. Holy shit, that’s short. For whatever unknown reason I just assume everybody in movies and TV is a minimum 5’6”. I know people who are 5’3” or shorter and trying to picture these actors in that same size frame makes me 8O
Apparently there's a saying if you're a shortarse in Hollywood, when you're unknown you have to stand on a box - when you're a star everyone else walks in a trench.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
beats me wrote:After watching some Stranger Things on Netflix I got inspired to do some research on Winona Ryder since I didn’t know what she's been up to between now and her depression fueled shoplifting conviction. In the process I discovered she’s only 5’3”. Holy shit, that’s short. For whatever unknown reason I just assume everybody in movies and TV is a minimum 5’6”. I know people who are 5’3” or shorter and trying to picture these actors in that same size frame makes me 8O
Apparently there's a saying if you're a shortarse in Hollywood, when you're unknown you have to stand on a box - when you're a star everyone else walks in a trench.

Oh! That would explain the lengthy Shovel Team credits at the end of Tom Cruise movies. :P

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Damnit, Suicide Squad is getting bad reviews. :x Basically it should be a dark R rated type movie that they instead turned into a light and playful PG-13 movie. So all in it sounds like they are using the wrong formula for the wrong characters. The Superman movies should have been light and playful, not dark and despressing. The DC universe decision makers are idiots. But just like the Transformers franchise, as long as the movies are making a profit nobody is going to do anything to stop the lunacy. Big bummer for DC fans.