meaning in life

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
runningwithit

Re: meaning in life

Post by runningwithit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Machinesworking wrote:d.
Herzog is the ultimate archetype of himself. :x
Herzog - well articulate and what a character :mrgreen:
-runingwithit aka meisterable
https://soundcloud.com/miesterabel

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:53 pm

ImageImage

runningwithit

Post by runningwithit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:04 pm

ya, i'm thinking that it is all pretty meaningless, i mean in the end any meaning interpretation just appears to be baggage.

Like "that chef spit in my breakfast burrito, he must have meant something."

Well, no it's just a fact he spit in your breakfast burrito and nothing else, that's the end of it.
-runingwithit aka meisterable
https://soundcloud.com/miesterabel

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:59 pm

runningwithit wrote:ya, i'm thinking that it is all pretty meaningless, i mean in the end any meaning interpretation just appears to be baggage.

Like "that chef spit in my breakfast burrito, he must have meant something."

Well, no it's just a fact he spit in your breakfast burrito and nothing else, that's the end of it.
or maybe you should have mumbled your invectives a little quiter ;-)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Machinesworking wrote:They all fail, looking to other people as if gods is failure.
Don't tell me Lao and Buddha aren't worshipped as gods. :x
Wise men who attain a life of leisure for being wise men, while I admire their trickery, I also think of them as more middle men.
The world needs less middle men. Every city is a towering shrine to middle men. Most product and content producers do not work in those towers, but in office parks, factories and in the field. Yes there is a need for some middle men, but we are a nation of them, a planet of them. :x
the people fail. the messages are fine. none of them say to worship anything more than right living and your moral compass. Jesus calls it God, also prays (to himself?).... and he also says "the kingdom of heaven is neither here nor there, the kingdom of heaven is within you. the messengers are fine. the people fuck that shit up.

having said that, i've never seen a Lau Tzu shrine... or worshipper for that matter. I've only read what he left behind of his thoughts on life.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 pm

H20nly wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:They all fail, looking to other people as if gods is failure.
Don't tell me Lao and Buddha aren't worshipped as gods. :x
Wise men who attain a life of leisure for being wise men, while I admire their trickery, I also think of them as more middle men.
The world needs less middle men. Every city is a towering shrine to middle men. Most product and content producers do not work in those towers, but in office parks, factories and in the field. Yes there is a need for some middle men, but we are a nation of them, a planet of them. :x
the people fail. the messages are fine. none of them say to worship anything more than right living and your moral compass. Jesus calls it God, also prays (to himself?).... and he also says "the kingdom of heaven is neither here nor there, the kingdom of heaven is within you. the messengers are fine. the people fuck that shit up.

having said that, i've never seen a Lau Tzu shrine... or worshipper for that matter. I've only read what he left behind of his thoughts on life.
Wiki:
Laozi was a philosopher and poet of ancient China. He is best known as the reputed author of the Tao Te Ching and the founder of philosophical Taoism, but he is also revered as a deity in religious Taoism and traditional Chinese religions

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 pm

more people shit.

show me in the Tao Te Ching where he says worship me.

hint: it doesn't.

also, before the thread gets locked, it explicitly says in the Quran NOT to worship Mohammed... that he is just a messenger. but people call it Mohammadism and call his followers worshipers too.

there's a fine line between reverence and worship. once that line crosses over to worshiping the messenger/prophet/sage, at that point the Kool-Aid is drunk and the people who claim their preferred religion as the be-all-end-all have fallen into error and are going against the teachings of the one(s) they claim to worship.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 pm

Why does everything have to disintegrate into a smelly pile of ooze :lol:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:09 am

eyeknow wrote:Why does everything have to disintegrate into a smelly pile of ooze :lol:
So the bugs can eat, so the plants get nourished, so beans grow, so the ooze turns into burritos. 8)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 am

with salsa?????????????????? :D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:19 am

When will this thread's title change to something more buzzworthy? Like, "10 Meaningful Reasons Why You'll Never Eat a Breakfast Burrito the Same Again."

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 am

H20nly wrote:more people shit.

also, before the thread gets locked, it explicitly says in the Quran NOT to worship Mohammed... that he is just a messenger. but people call it Mohammadism and call his followers worshipers too.

there's a fine line between reverence and worship. once that line crosses over to worshiping the messenger/prophet/sage, at that point the Kool-Aid is drunk and the people who claim their preferred religion as the be-all-end-all have fallen into error and are going against the teachings of the one(s) they claim to worship.
Yeah, so religions spring up from some guy, who may or may not be into the idea. I know from personal experience that gurus can and do decide that they are not 'god' but just here to 'teach', and that, my friend has little to do with their benevolence and lack of ego and more to do with authorities and governments eyeing them as rabble rousers. Better to lay low than to end up the next Jesus or Koresh or Jim Jones. 8O Who knows? if Jesus hadn't been executed he might have gone the same way as the others. He certainly is reported as saying things that lead you to believe he was headed that way.

I have no taste for the cult of personality that people do, but I do not entirely blame people, the idea these iconic figures are amazed that they get considered icons makes me laugh. They spend massive amounts of energy making themselves known, and obviously revel in the adoration.

I think it was the Dead Kennedys... yeah it was, here, A Growing Boy Needs His Lunch:
In lonely gas stations with mini-marts
You'll find rows of them for sale
Liquor-filled statues of Elvis Presley
Drink like a vampire
His disciples flock to such a fitting shrine
Sprawled across from his graceless mansion
A shopping mall
Filled with prayer rugs and Elvis dolls

And I wonder
Yeah I wonder
Will Elvis take the place of Jesus in a thousand years

Religious wars
Barbaric laws
Bloodshed worldwide
Over what's left of his myth

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:28 am

yur2die4 wrote:When will this thread's title change to something more buzzworthy? Like, "10 Meaningful Reasons Why You'll Never Eat a Breakfast Burrito the Same Again."
That's just stupid. Nobody cares about any of that except for how they taste!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:34 am

Machinesworking wrote:
H20nly wrote:more people shit.

Yeah, so religions spring up from some guy, who may or may not be into the idea. I know from personal experience that gurus can and do decide that they are not 'god' but just here to 'teach', and that, my friend has little to do with their benevolence and lack of ego and more to do with authorities and governments eyeing them as rabble rousers. Better to lay low than to end up the next Jesus or Koresh or Jim Jones. 8O Who knows? if Jesus hadn't been executed he might have gone the same way as the others. He certainly is reported as saying things that lead you to believe he was headed that way.

I have no taste for the cult of personality that people do, but I do not entirely blame people, the idea these iconic figures are amazed that they get considered icons makes me laugh. They spend massive amounts of energy making themselves known, and obviously revel in the adoration.

I think it was the Dead Kennedys... yeah it was, here, A Growing Boy Needs His Lunch:
In lonely gas stations with mini-marts
You'll find rows of them for sale
Liquor-filled statues of Elvis Presley
Drink like a vampire
His disciples flock to such a fitting shrine
Sprawled across from his graceless mansion
A shopping mall
Filled with prayer rugs and Elvis dolls

And I wonder
Yeah I wonder
Will Elvis take the place of Jesus in a thousand years

Religious wars