Live Long and Prosper

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: Live Long and Prosper

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Echoing MW's post in a way.....

The guy and his iconic role brought, at the very least, joy to a lot of people. No matter if it was 'insignificant TV' or whatever.

How can that possibly be a bad or even a silly thing?

tom, how much joy have you brought to the world? how much joy do you even bring to this forum?

:?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:36 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Echoing MW's post in a way.....

The guy and his iconic role brought, at the very least, joy to a lot of people. No matter if it was 'insignificant TV' or whatever.

tom, how much joy have you brought to the world? how much joy do you even bring to this forum?

In the Lounge?! About as much as you do.

But then I don't only post in the Lounge :roll:

And that a staunch conservative like you would celebrate the epitome liberal intellectual with values that Spock depicts is a little ironic, no?!

You should be furious about the dogooder making you'll look selfish and small :lol:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Echoing MW's post in a way.....

In the Lounge?! About as much as you do.

But then I don't only post in the Lounge :roll:

And that a staunch conservative like you would celebrate the epitome liberal intellectual with values that Spock depicts is a little ironic, no?!

You should be furious about the dogooder making you'll look selfish and small :lol:
Actually I would say most people including myself like loopstationzebra's postst in the lounge.
Including his occasional opinions that are different than mine, because it's perfectly fine to have opinions that don't match up, or even the occasional heated argument.. What's not fine is being butt hurt, and stalking people on this forum, stinking up every thread with your "opinions' clashing with people then constantly blaming them even though oddly enough, of all the regulars here you're the one who gets all the negative "ad hominem' attacks. Notice that, it should tell you something, but I guess it's a rough lesson to learn, you annoy other people, your 'opinions' are perceived as childish trolling, narcissism at best, and you don't let things go. Those are not admirable traits.

You know, you had quit posting here until loopstationzebra asked you back in a thread. I think he, and most of us are regretting his decision to honor your online personality. Your narcissism has to be the only thing protecting you from seeing the truth here, you bring conversations down, back to about you, and you blame other people for this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:13 pm

TomViolenz wrote:don't hold back eyeknow :lol:

and to the rest:

Sorry I don't feel it. Guy was an actor. A TV actor at that. Chasing mosters of the week to sell more soap.
Who you are talking about is his role (which he played quite woodenly btw.).
You miss people being like Spock. Cool, I get that. He definetely seemed better than most people I ever met. But Spock was not real you know ;-)
You know absolutely nothing about Star Trek or the actor Lenard Nemoy who played him obviously.
That would be OK if you hadn't decided your opinion on the subject mattered more than your lack of knowledge about it.

My favorite part? you're calling an actor playing an emotionless alien 'wooden', how stupid of a statement is that? :lol:

Again, how are you going to spin the NASA tweets? were those scientists just foolish idol worshiping children for getting inspired by the show in their youth? one that was intentionally all inclusive racially and ethnically? That showed mankind honorably probing space? At the very least these are great things to show a child, and it obviously had an impact on people who are helping to advance out understanding of the universe.

You can't knock it, so you ignore it in favor of your own narcissistic assertion that everyone else is inspired by and being compassionate towards a third rate actor who they didn't know. The inability to separate your 'philosophical' stance from an actual event that has it's own circumstance is a huge reason you get negative attention here, and probably in life as well.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 pm

:)
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:57 am

LoopStationZebra wrote::)
can you tell I have a couple weeks down time between jobs? :lol:
[Edit] :wink:
Last edited by Machinesworking on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 am

Machinesworking wrote:My favorite part? you're calling an actor playing an emotionless alien 'wooden', how stupid of a statement is that? :lol:
Right? :lol:

Wait, wait.

Tom, ahem, attention Tom.

Do you understand what just happened there? I really need to know that you comprehend what he's talking about.

8O
Unsound Designer

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:14 am

“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but cannot be preserved, except in memory."

Leonard Nimoy's final tweet before he passed away last week.

Sweet. I hope I can leave with some grace too, one day.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:40 am

yet another thread descends into a slagging match between the same four or five people posting off topic remarks.

I like this though:
TomViolenz wrote:Image
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:16 am

^ Yeah, some just can't stop talking about me
They are probably just not used to see anyone not agree with the standardized viewpoint of matters that one has to take to be accepted as company here :roll:

Thus voicing the opinion that RIP threads don't make sense to me, becomes a deep character flaw that needs to be argued ad nausium.

And no matter how long it's been since they may have posted here, when the hunt is on for Tom they all show up again.

And it's also always the same posters too, who choose not to participate in the mobbing 8)

But hell: May you all live long and prosper 8)

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:37 pm

:( no....

Who's next? Picard?

Damn you, Life !!!

Spock was one of my favourite characters.

Nimoy had some cool music too, like "Spock thoughts". "Twinkle twinkle little Earth". Cheesy tongue-in-cheek but highly enjoyable (especially at work) comedy sci-fi albums.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:17 pm

TomViolenz wrote:^ Yeah, some just can't stop talking about me
They are probably just not used to see anyone not agree with the standardized viewpoint of matters that one has to take to be accepted as company here :roll:

Thus voicing the opinion that RIP threads don't make sense to me, becomes a deep character flaw that needs to be argued ad nausium.

And no matter how long it's been since they may have posted here, when the hunt is on for Tom they all show up again.

And it's also always the same posters too, who choose not to participate in the mobbing 8)

But hell: May you all live long and prosper 8)
I don't give a shit about any of that stuff.

It was the "Nimoy played Spock woodenly" thing that was so hilarious.

Lol seriously wtf
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:29 pm

TomViolenz wrote:you are certainly free to have a differnt opinion from me :lol:
Do you even understand what the premise of a "Vulcan" is in that mythology?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unsound Designer

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:42 pm

stringtapper wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:you are certainly free to have a differnt opinion from me :lol:
Do you even understand what the premise of a "Vulcan" is in that mythology?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the premise of a made up planet in a made up mythology?!

Maybe I don't, but then I don't think it would be worthwhile. Since you know?! They are made up! ;-)

Anyways, I thought that the Vulcans were much better depicted in the short lived Enterprise series, were it comes out that they are more incredibly arrogant and cold instead of just enlightened in their goal to fight emotions. Though they certainly try to always paint that differently. :lol:
Just like some current real world examples (freedom anyone?!) and just like old colonialism was always to bring the light of Christianity to the unenlightened ;-)
Might always makes right and moraly superior. Empires will always "empire" I guess

No matter if fictional or not :lol: