Post your April 2015 track

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Post your April 2015 track

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:03 pm

:)

aisling

Re: Post your April 2015 track

Post by aisling » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 pm

:( I am on a low output phase at the moment. My mortgage just went up $400 due to tax reassessment, and I am also knee deep in a love affair with guitar pedals and "tone," with more emphasis on playing and jamming vs producing at the moment...
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:03 pm

aisling wrote:My mortgage just went up $400 due to tax reassessment

Ouch! I live a comfortable lifestyle but something like that would make my lifestyle decidedly uncomfortable. And I’ll be damned if I’m left with just having to use all the software and gear I’ve already invested thousands of dollars in! I’ve decided I’m mostly just a music software and hardware collector. There’s a lot stupider and less productive things people collect.

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:14 am

beats me wrote:
aisling wrote:My mortgage just went up $400 due to tax reassessment

Ouch! I live a comfortable lifestyle but something like that would make my lifestyle decidedly uncomfortable. And I’ll be damned if I’m left with just having to use all the software and gear I’ve already invested thousands of dollars in! I’ve decided I’m mostly just a music software and hardware collector. There’s a lot stupider and less productive things people collect.
And that is precisely why in the last few years i have bought 2 moogs, a les paul, 2 1000 watt powered pa speakers, a bunch of pedals, and an electronic drum set.....that are not coming close to getting the hours of use to justify the cost...But music gear is my hobby, I don't do nice cars, sport expenditures, etc....I like my gear. The $400 thing is a big fat non greased dipped in glass chards ouch

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:11 am

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Saw you posted a nice little downtempo track to your soundcloud in the last 24 hours but instead you use this thread to rick roll. :lol: :x

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:13 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:Image
https://soundcloud.com/styles-bitchly-1 ... rs-in-arms

I am guessing that is you playing guitar on your soundcloud tracks? If so, you have some serious skills! :wink:

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 pm

https://soundcloud.com/paulchristophros ... ean-flight

actually from march, but who cares. I do music only seldomly these days ... but this one made me think I should do more again.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Da hand wrote:

I am guessing that is you playing guitar on your soundcloud tracks? If so, you have some serious skills! :wink:
Hi - thanks, and yes that's yours truly on those tracks. I noticed that most everyone else here was doing the Soundcloud thing, so I jumped in and up'd a few tracks - merely a gesture to maintain some minor degree of "Lounge Cred". :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:I noticed that most everyone else here was doing the Soundcloud thing, so I jumped in and up'd a few tracks - merely a gesture to maintain some minor degree of "Lounge Cred". :)
As a bonus you are now eligible for, and will most likely receive, an avalanche of soundcloud password reset emails initiated by the forum’s greatest stalker of all time.

Just by mentioning this I would expect it to happen anytime in the next 24 hours. Welcome aboard.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:18 pm

beats me wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:I noticed that most everyone else here was doing the Soundcloud thing, so I jumped in and up'd a few tracks - merely a gesture to maintain some minor degree of "Lounge Cred". :)
As a bonus you are now eligible for, and will most likely receive, an avalanche of soundcloud password reset emails initiated by the forum’s greatest stalker of all time.

Just by mentioning this I would expect it to happen anytime in the next 24 hours. Welcome aboard.
Wonderful. cperezz? Tom Violence?

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:38 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:
Da hand wrote:

Hi - thanks, and yes that's yours truly on those tracks. I noticed that most everyone else here was doing the Soundcloud thing, so I jumped in and up'd a few tracks - merely a gesture to maintain some minor degree of "Lounge Cred". :)
I listened, very nice chops! Care to expand on your guitar rig/ effects?

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:24 am

I am guessing that is you playing guitar on your soundcloud tracks? If so, you have some serious skills! :wink:[/quote]

Hi - thanks, and yes that's yours truly on those tracks. I noticed that most everyone else here was doing the Soundcloud thing, so I jumped in and up'd a few tracks - merely a gesture to maintain some minor degree of "Lounge Cred". :)[/quote]
I listened, very nice chops! Care to expand on your guitar rig/ effects?[/quote]

As a confirmed long-time GAS-aholic, I've got quite a bit of stuff in the arsenal - road gear, studio gear, local gig gear, home wanking gear, etc. My three main axes are a G&L Legacy, Gibby ES-335 and a Les Paul Custom. In the amp department, I've got a pretty big inventory of combo & head/cab tube amps, but my Go-To amp is a Mesa Mark IV. I've got too many pedals and multi-fx units to count, but these days, I use a Fractal Audio Axe-FX II modeler/FX unit for direct studio/home recording into Presonus. Most of those tunes on Soundcloud were done with the Axe-FX. I use Waves plugins for mastering.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:08 am

@Styles Bitchly

Who. Are. You?

:D
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud