Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Angstrom

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:57 pm

Both the Maschine and Logic update notes read like a “how it should have worked in the first place” list
How it should have worked in the first place? :lol:

Let me tell you how I should have worked in the first place: strong and robust, ruggedly handsome with impecable morals and an optimistic and gregarious outlook.

If an upgrade could fix all that for me I would appreciate it.
i would pay too.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Angstrom wrote:
Both the Maschine and Logic update notes read like a “how it should have worked in the first place” list
How it should have worked in the first place? :lol:

Let me tell you how I should have worked in the first place: strong and robust, ruggedly handsome with impecable morals and an optimistic and gregarious outlook.

If an upgrade could fix all that for me I would appreciate it.
i would pay too.

http://www.pratimaskincare.com/rejuvenating-pearl-cream 8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:38 pm

I honestly don’t know what most software improvements are but it just sounds like it was supposed to work that way in the first place. “Now when you press a C key on your MIDI keyboard the softsynth plays a C note”. Well, WTF did it used to do? :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:52 am

The update

*adds an octave while removing added scale in real time
*isolates the warmest intentions sub frequency™
*adresses chair to keybaord interface; error ID 10T
*maintains scaling for retinas support
*allows playback for all Pono™ supported file types

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:50 pm

H20nly wrote:*allows playback for all Pono™ supported file types
:x

:lol:
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:01 pm

For just a little under 24 hours from this post get Cymatics FX Toolkit for only $3 instead of $37. Do it.

https://cymatics.fm/fx-toolkit-vol-1/

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Is there such a thing as a song key plugin? Instead of dropping a mixed track into something like Mixed in Key, just slap the plugin on your master channel and after a play through it tells you what key it is in. That would be The Business right there.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Since I'll get in trouble with the Man if I reply with a Condescending Wonka meme, I'll just politely ask why on Earth you'd rather wait for a track to play through rather than just dropping it on Mixed in Key or Traktor, for that matter, which would take two seconds...?

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:45 pm

A). I don’t have Mixed in Key yet and have read the latest version is unreliable.

B). Let’s say I have a little 8 bar jam I’m working on and want to know what key it is in before I proceed. Using a plugin would be quicker than bouncing that and then dropping it in Mixed in Key, not to mention potentially cluttering up my driver with files I don’t need that I forget to trash.

C). Sort of the same as B). but let’s say I drop in a full mixed track I loop and then want to build a track around that in the same key.

D). Let's say I make some changes while working on a track which changes the key and I want to know what that is now.

So I’m not looking for the key of a finished (or mostly finished) track, just a sample or part of a track. And maybe this magical plugin wouldn’t need to play the track all the way through to get the key but you would have to play something through it.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:55 pm

PRO TIP IF YOU ARE ALL UP IN APPLE’S ECOSYSTEM LIKE ME: Use the Reminders app on your idevices and Macs and make sure cloud sync is turned on. Set a date and time reminder for a task like “NI sale ends today.” Once that date and time hits it will display that reminder on all your idevices and Macs whenever you wake them up until you mark the task as complete. :)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 pm

beats me wrote:A). I don’t have Mixed in Key yet and have read the latest version is unreliable.

B). Let’s say I have a little 8 bar jam I’m working on and want to know what key it is in before I proceed. Using a plugin would be quicker than bouncing that and then dropping it in Mixed in Key, not to mention potentially cluttering up my driver with files I don’t need that I forget to trash.

C). Sort of the same as B). but let’s say I drop in a full mixed track I loop and then want to build a track around that in the same key.

D). Let's say I make some changes while working on a track which changes the key and I want to know what that is now.

So I’m not looking for the key of a finished (or mostly finished) track, just a sample or part of a track. And maybe this magical plugin wouldn’t need to play the track all the way through to get the key but you would have to play something through it.
OK, I thought you just wanted the key of something you sampled from some track. Now that you mention it, maybe this should be a built-in feature of Live?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:11 pm

That Symphony Series Woodwind library from NI and Soundiron does look (and sound) tempting, particularly the solo edition, since I've already got the Cinewind Core library. I have to say it's nice every now and then that a product is released without any "special introductory price"; makes it easier to make a more informed buying decision down the road.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:13 am

sporkles wrote:
beats me wrote:A). I don’t have Mixed in Key yet and have read the latest version is unreliable.

OK, I thought you just wanted the key of something you sampled from some track. Now that you mention it, maybe this should be a built-in feature of Live?
This should be possible with M4L and a little FFT magic.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Now that I’ve started using Live again instead of Logic after many years I’m realizing what a joy it is to work with and manipulate samples and audio. If you aren’t using a lot of audio and samples in Live you are using it wrong. :x But when using a lot of samples beyond percussion knowing the key starts becoming important.

Last night I dropped about 50 drum and noise loops on a track, selected all, and set follow actions to any at every 8th note with legato on. Instant epic NIN track. Took less than a minute. The amount of manual editing to do the same thing back in the day would be insanely time consuming. :|

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:14 pm

sporkles wrote:That Symphony Series Woodwind library from NI and Soundiron does look (and sound) tempting, particularly the solo edition, since I've already got the Cinewind Core library. I have to say it's nice every now and then that a product is released without any "special introductory price"; makes it easier to make a more informed buying decision down the road.

So now they have 3 symphony libraries. I haven’t listened to this one yet but I’m sure it’s high quality like the others, but they are pricey and the word on the street is they aren’t “the only one you will ever need in this category” material. Probably best to wait for a bundle deal, but even then I doubt they will lower the price low enough to compete with some of the other mid range “mostly all you will ever need” full orchestra libraries. Individually they are $500 at full price. I doubt they are going to drop $1,500 down to a $400 or $500 bundle, and if they did who is going to pay full price or even crossgrade price for them individually? And cue in the early adopters raging about getting screwed on the price.