Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
stringtapper
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Now I'm thinking of going for Komplete 11. The upgrade is on sale to Kontakt owners for $199.

I really only want Reaktor 6, The Giant, and Una Corda, and buying those separately would be $450.
Unsound Designer

H20nly
Posts: 15836
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by H20nly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:26 pm

BoddAH wrote:
H20nly wrote: if only something would give me 'get off your ass and make some music' lust. :x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

You're welcome. :lol:
now with effects, added using Cumplete 11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAVLOHbqWd4

8)

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Money is a little tight at the moment but I want to get a Seaboard Block.

https://roli.com/products/blocks/seaboard-block

I like the fact that you can add more for more octaves and they magnetically attach to each other. AFAIK it auto detects when they are connected to each other so there is no setup. Also they are wireless and it comes with a synth plugin that takes advantage of the 5D technology.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

New $165 reverb on sale for $13 for a limited time.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... 759-Oracle

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Crazy possibilities with this delay.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... teReplies/



I heard you like delay. So I let you put delay (and other effects) on each individual delay.


Image

sporkles
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by sporkles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:14 pm

beats me wrote:New $165 reverb on sale for $13 for a limited time.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... 759-Oracle
Yeah, I saw that in my inbox. *Looks* nice, but I don't know if I want or need more reverbs. I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with reverbs; I often find them too complex, and getting the reverb "right" has always been one of my bigger challenges. I thought the Fabfilter reverb would be the perfect union of intuitive interface and great sound, but I quickly fell back on Valhalla's stuff. The less parameters that need to be tweaked in order to get the sound I want, the better. I usually end up using VintageVerb or one of the two Softube ones in Komplete. In many cases, I'd be happy if I could just have Massive's reverb as a standalone. 8O

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 pm

sporkles wrote:
beats me wrote:New $165 reverb on sale for $13 for a limited time.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... 759-Oracle
Yeah, I saw that in my inbox. *Looks* nice, but I don't know if I want or need more reverbs. I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with reverbs; I often find them too complex, and getting the reverb "right" has always been one of my bigger challenges. I thought the Fabfilter reverb would be the perfect union of intuitive interface and great sound, but I quickly fell back on Valhalla's stuff. The less parameters that need to be tweaked in order to get the sound I want, the better. I usually end up using VintageVerb or one of the two Softube ones in Komplete. In many cases, I'd be happy if I could just have Massive's reverb as a standalone. 8O

It's $13. But I hear ya. :wink:

sporkles
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by sporkles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:18 pm

All right, all right, I suppose you have a point, and since I had £7 virtual cash with them, I am downloading it right now. :x

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:30 pm

sporkles wrote:All right, all right, I suppose you have a point, and since I had £7 virtual cash with them, I am downloading it right now. :x
:x

:)

Have you (or anybody for that matter) checked out Regroover yet?


https://accusonus.com/products/regroover

jestermgee
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by jestermgee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:50 pm

beats me wrote:
sporkles wrote:All right, all right, I suppose you have a point, and since I had £7 virtual cash with them, I am downloading it right now. :x
:x

:)

Have you (or anybody for that matter) checked out Regroover yet?


https://accusonus.com/products/regroover
Yep

It's alright, has potential, but I discovered that I just don't use or have that many drum loops myself and the ones I have been using are all within Live and not able to be imported into Regroover. It was one of those "this looks like something i have always needed... and it's on sale" moments that I have yet to fully explore.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:13 pm

jestermgee wrote:
beats me wrote:
sporkles wrote:All right, all right, I suppose you have a point, and since I had £7 virtual cash with them, I am downloading it right now. :x
:x

:)

Have you (or anybody for that matter) checked out Regroover yet?


https://accusonus.com/products/regroover
Yep

It's alright, has potential, but I discovered that I just don't use or have that many drum loops myself and the ones I have been using are all within Live and not able to be imported into Regroover. It was one of those "this looks like something i have always needed... and it's on sale" moments that I have yet to fully explore.
Loops from sample packs may not be the best usage aside from maybe removing percussion that isn't jiving with your track. The fun is when you start messing with loops from commercial songs. Some years back I got a library of a lot of the most used breaks loops from back in the day. Isolating all the drum hits from the Amen Break was 8O. I like isolating the hype man vocal stabs from old Hip Hop tracks. :)

jestermgee
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 am
Contact:

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by jestermgee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am

Yeah I use to be mad into sampling loops from songs and playing with loop packs etc but now with the likes of EZDrummer and so many nice kits I have in Battery and even Live, I just don't turn to loops anymore.

That said, many times where I did use drum loops in my projects it was just I needed hats or some such percussion that I was too lazy to program so I would layer some loops over my average drum track to spice it up. That's where I was thinking Regroover would respark some of my older loops being able to isolate what I wanted and since I bought it when it was first released I received a free upgrade to Pro so I can now make kits form loops which I have not even tried yet.

It's just a first world problem I have, too many options and not enough time to get right into everything.

sporkles
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by sporkles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

So did anyone hop on the Heavyocity 50% off deal at NI? I think it ends in a day, and I still can't decide if I want to grab Gravity or at least one of the expansions (Vocalise or Natural Forces).

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Pulled the trigger on a Komplete Kontrol 61 mk2 pre-order.


Image


Looks like they nailed it with all the screen goodness and controls of the Maschine Studio plus single button DAW control integration with Live and Logic. Also it plays little preview beats and melodies as you are browsing sounds. Makes the mk1 look pedestrian.

Can't really afford it up front but then I remembered 0% interest payment plans on some music gear sites.

Not really a deal breaker but I still wish they had the secret handshake with Live devices like Push has or even Logic for that matter. Also NI won't let user made nks files appear in the main browser with all the fully supported plugins and library content. They won't even let you purchase a license for that. I purchased some well made nks files complete with all sounds tagged for Omnisphere, Trillion, and Keyscape but they only work on the user side. They won't appear mixed in with NI's content.

Also a big gap is Serum, arguably the top soft synth out right now, and it sounds like the developer has zero interest in creating a nks file working with NI on this.

Tarekith
Posts: 17330
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 pm

I’m trying really hard to hold out on the new Maschine v3, NI did a really nice job with that a well.

Post Reply