Come on, feel the noise

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Come on, feel the noise

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Girls, rock your boys. :|

beats me

Re: Come on, feel the noise

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 pm

You clearly don’t appreciate the profound poetry of Quiet Riot lyrics. :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm unfamiliar with them and your post didn't shed any light on what you are on about.

Kinda like starvings MO

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 2:29 pm

I can't YouTube at work. :|

The only relation to a SS post is the band has "riot" in the name. That's really stretching for a connection but that also is what SS does.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm

beats me wrote:You clearly don’t appreciate the profound poetry of Quiet Riot lyrics. :x
Quiet Riot? Pffft.....buncha posers.....these guys were the original purveyors of this awesome golden moldy. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQRCCNncGA

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:
beats me wrote:You clearly don’t appreciate the profound poetry of Quiet Riot lyrics. :x
Quiet Riot? Pffft.....buncha posers.....these guys were the original purveyors of this awesome golden moldy. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQRCCNncGA

To think that songs is a cover. 8O

Bookmarked as possibly the most informative forum post of 2015.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed May 20, 2015 4:26 pm

beats me wrote:I can't YouTube at work. :|

The only relation to a SS post is the band has "riot" in the name. That's really stretching for a connection but that also is what SS does.
I was more eluding to the: WTF is he even talking about?! manner to start a thread :P

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Wed May 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Just saw a doc about Quiet Riot, I had no idea Kevin died from a coke overdose. Pretty sad.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Why the fuck are Def Leppard’s collective works still not available for digital purchase? Sure I could buy the CDs for less than what the downloads would probably cost, but then its straight to ripping and then off to the landfill. It’s just environmentally irresponsible. :x

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

beats me wrote:Why the fuck are Def Leppard’s collective works still not available for digital purchase? Sure I could buy the CDs for less than what the downloads would probably cost, but then its straight to ripping and then off to the landfill. It’s just environmentally irresponsible. :x
Mutt Lange won't allow it. He purports that it would tarnish the sonic quality and analog warmth of the original 8-track cassette master. :|

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

john gordon wrote:Just saw a doc about Quiet Riot, I had no idea Kevin died from a coke overdose. Pretty sad.
I knew him personally. Not to offend any fan-bros, but he was a complete douchenozzle. His brother Terry is a renowned cosmetic plastic surgeon who has a TV show. Just goes to show that both apples and turds don't fall far from the tree.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:
beats me wrote:Why the fuck are Def Leppard’s collective works still not available for digital purchase? Sure I could buy the CDs for less than what the downloads would probably cost, but then its straight to ripping and then off to the landfill. It’s just environmentally irresponsible. :x
Mutt Lange won't allow it. He purports that it would tarnish the sonic quality and analog warmth of the original 8-track cassette master. :|

What a dumb asshole (along with anybody else in the business who feels the same way). 115% of listeners are going to convert it to digital anyway. All he is doing is preventing impulse buys which describes the buying habits of everybody on earth who would pay for Def Leppard music at this point.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed May 20, 2015 7:51 pm

beats me wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:

What a dumb asshole (along with anybody else in the business who feels the same way). 115% of listeners are going to convert it to digital anyway. All he is doing is preventing impulse buys which describes the buying habits of everybody on earth who would pay for Def Leppard music at this point.
Hey beats...I was jesting. I don't know why Lep hasn't been digitally remastered and released. I still listen to the vinyl editions of High 'n Dry/Pyromania & Hysteria on my Bang & Olufsen and they sound great - scratches 'n all. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Well he’s still an asshole for fucking up the Shania Twain situation. :x