Laibach to play North Korea

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Styles Bitchly

Re: Laibach to play North Korea

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:30 am

This is some weird shit. Gimme some Foghat over this rubbish any day.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:04 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:This is some weird shit. Gimme some Foghat over this rubbish any day.
Different strokes, Foghat bore the fuck out of me. Seriously, do we need another blues rock band doing pop songs??
Classic rock wise I couldn't argue against Pink Floyd, Spirit, Pentagram, etc. though.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:This is some weird shit. Gimme some Foghat over this rubbish any day.
Different strokes, Foghat bore the fuck out of me. Seriously, do we need another blues rock band doing pop songs??
Classic rock wise I couldn't argue against Pink Floyd, Spirit, Pentagram, etc. though.
The whole Foghat thing is a tongue-in-cheek jest. Ok - gimme some Gilmour then. I purposely dialed into a few Laibach "tunes" to see what it was all about. The guy with the Yul Brynner pharaoh headdress (which doubles as a falling coal particle protector) bores the living bejesus out of me. I will say though that Mina is rather hot. I suppose I like my doom and gloom served up ala Sabbath, etc. - there's nothing new with Laibach's ominous soothsaying although I did find a few of their beats off of Spectre rather snappy. For me...meh...it's just ok I guess. If/when I ever feel like subjecting myself to willfully being bummed which will probably be never, I'll opt for some Depeche Mode. :|

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:47 am

Depeche are hit and miss, when they're on they're world class, but I prefer doom with no gloom. Whiners do nothing for me. The Cure is a great example, the music is arguably good, but his voice grates on me.

Laibach are hit and miss as well, but I appreciate the Balkin terrorist routine over the she man goth routine.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:41 am

Machinesworking wrote:Depeche are hit and miss, when they're on they're world class, but I prefer doom with no gloom. Whiners do nothing for me. The Cure is a great example, the music is arguably good, but his voice grates on me.

Laibach are hit and miss as well, but I appreciate the Balkin terrorist routine over the she man goth routine.
Heh...I think we see eye to eye on this and most things. Good on ya, m8. :wink:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:09 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Depeche are hit and miss, when they're on they're world class, but I prefer doom with no gloom. Whiners do nothing for me. The Cure is a great example, the music is arguably good, but his voice grates on me.

Heh...I think we see eye to eye on this and most things. Good on ya, m8. :wink:
I started off as a guitar player, I like electronic music of all kinds but I still think like a rock musician about most things! :wink:
I think you may be guilty of taking Laibach too seriously, there's massive amounts of humor in their routine, but arguably the stuff you might like by them would be the Jesus Christ Superstar record.
If you're not amused or into his voice there's not much hope though. :x

I can say high falsetto's kinda drive me batty, even talented ones, so a lot of great metal is ruined for me. :x