What happened to the Charleston

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

Re: What happened to the Charleston

Post by starving student » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:04 pm

depends I guess, for me it's never been an issue but I've known people who couldn't handle what other people thought about them, personally I never gave a fck, never suffered from peer pressure or anything like that, I especially wouldn't care about someone throwing some hatred around based on something as corny as skin color. people will hate for losing their job, not getting a job, getting beat up at school, jumped on the street, somebody's got more money etc... and then all of a sudden it's 'those people' haha my mom would have smacked me in the head for spewing some foul crap like that, but she let my pops get away with it from time to time though she would always say that what he was saying was a load of bs.
my pops was like a cross between Santa Claus and anybody who doesn't like mexicans :lol: , I mean he was jolly as fuck until he heard the word and then it was like every bone in his body frowned. The most ignorant thing I'd ever heard was his super proof of why he was right, he used to say he would like to trust them but he couldn't cause something like 30 or 40 years ago a mexican co-worker had told him one day that he shouldn't trust them. the dude was like 'look I'm one of them and I'm telling you you can't trust them'.. now if that ain't the dumbest sht you've ever heard haha I think after the first time I heard that I couldn't see myself giving a flying fck about what anybody talking like that really had to say. I asked him but why would you listen to someone like that he didn't have a good answer :P Any time someone is blaming somebody's race for something you know they just got done pulling their head out of a cows ass.

I really think Nina would have lived longer if she hadn't eaten away at herself.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Wait, which part was the answer to shad's question…?

:lol:

Or are you saying your dad was Nina Simone???

8O
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Well, racism was the big monster I was referring to, which is why I said that violence and mental illness is understandable if you and your whole race are treated as sub-human.
And really the amount of non-violence is really amazing. Remember in Django when Leo say's 'the blacks could risen up at once to attack, and why didn't they? Because of inferiority?
Er, how about because it'son a higher level? But goddamn if that can't be hard sometimes given the circumstances. And not being a fan of religion I see how much it's helped.
ImageImage

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:00 pm

I understand what you're saying but for me personally there isn't any excuse, you know you gotta look at who's treating you subhuman, like who are they anyway not philosophically but realistically, someone else can only ever be another human being, there's no such thing as superiority so if a person doesn't know this then it's almost like not knowing yourself. I think feeling inferior to someone else and feeling superior are the same complex, it's the same amount of distortion in the truth, it's just something I can't relate to. really at heart I'm just an equality buff who digs unity but I don't care about racism enough to try to stop someone from indulging if they're an adult and decided that's what they need in their life, I'll talk to kids, otherwise the only thing I'll raise an eyebrow to is institutionalized racism I care about that, the rest they can keep.
You know if you you're going through life and the best you can come up with is that all these people or all those people are like this or that then you're really doing a disservice to yourself, wasting your own time. Your brain cells went through so much just to get here and all you did was this with'em?
I know Nina Simone went through allot but even she new about her dark side, there are bad people everywhere except in the spots where good people are standing and they both come in all pigmentations. I could never bring myself to trade reality for the narrative of someone else stuck on some H. I might spit a few bars of unity at'em but even then I have to hurry cause I'll forget about them all too quick. string knows what i'm talkin about right string. :wink:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Sure I get all that but it's also not reality to think one can be a rock 100% of the time. And I'm not even getting at some current personal issue I just wasn't sure what you meant when you came to talking about her illness.

But why does this come to mind? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP4UV93TNM
ImageImage

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 pm

violence is kind of on a whole other level, I recognize it as being something I can live without, unnecessary, unless you're trying to stand your ground lol, but on the other hand I feel fairly neutral about it but I could never feel violent over people finding my skin color distasteful, I tell people like that I taste like chocolate but I would never want to hurt anybody over something like that. That's the weird thing about Carolina, I can understand wanting the flag to be removed off of public property and I agree, but I can see some people look like their heads are gonna pop, thats allot of high blood pressure
over someone refusing to love you, that's something I can't agree with, I don't care if this planet blows up and everybody hates everybody as long as nobody can stop anybody from getting a job because of it. Otherwise I'm extremely comfortable, I could go watch Les Misérables with the grand wizard sitting in the seat right next to me and as long as he would stfu I would enjoy the show.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 pm

shadx312 wrote:Sure I get all that but it's also not reality to think one can be a rock 100% of the time. And I'm not even getting at some current personal issue I just wasn't sure what you meant when you came to talking about her illness.

But why does this come to mind? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP4UV93TNM
but I don't think anyone has to be a rock (not speaking for anyone else) it's just my opinion, if one doesn't understand the value of hatred then I guess it's understandable for someone to feel some kind of burden, but I don't truthfully understand myself how someone could not understand that the value of hatred is nothing. How could I carry a burden that doesn't exist. racist are at best aloof and at worst dying from the inside out, but burdensome I don't think so, not in the sense that I need to be a rock to defend myself from something that has no value.