Kanye West Copyrights The E Minor Chord

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Kanye West Copyrights The E Minor Chord

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:43 am

it's true http://thedailyera.com/kanye-west-copyr ... nor-chord/, i read it on the internet.

regretfullySaid

Re: Kanye West Copyrights The E Minor Chord

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:06 am

C'mon H if this is supposed to make fun of my referencing Swift shift there's a difference between satire and people's opinions and their barrage of examples to back them up.
ImageImage

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:12 am

And if you go for the general feel of E Minor, but don't even use the same notes - the Marvin Gaye family will be on your tail :P

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am

Western notes were invented by Mussolini anyway so I've started to to leave my guitars detuned naturally to the environment, as mother nature intended.

Did you know that the Earth naturally emanates a set of frequencies that humans are part of? Those frequencies are all unrelated to each other and come about as a consequence of inappurtant interactions between rocks and powerlines and highways and other shit.
I read a blog by a Scottish telepathic DJ who has researched this. So now I let the manations from Mother Earth and my central heating determine my tuning and It's amazing. I can honestly say that nothing sounds the same. Now every time I play my guitar new and exciting chords are formed naturally, in complete harmony with some mystical force which you can really feel if you are high enough. I've started to name these new chords using Sanskrit, which is very difficult partly because there are over 14,541,981 new chords so far, and also because I don't know any Sanskrit.
When will Ableton support this?

Tl;dr. I never use E minor.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:57 pm

shadx312 wrote:C'mon H if this is supposed to make fun of my referencing Swift shift there's a difference between satire and people's opinions and their barrage of examples to back them up.
don't be so Kanye about this. It doesn't have anything to do with you or the wife of the guy who gave you your break. So don't interrupt the show with your hip gyrations or the deep seeded longing in your loins.

Tl;dr no, that's you and Tom all day.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Not attempting to get this moved to the music production forum, but is there DAW tech now that will let you know what key your song is in?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Angstrom wrote:there are over 14,541,981 new chords so far,
pffft! 432 Hz is the only natural way to listen to nature

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Da hand wrote:And if you go for the general feel of E Minor, but don't even use the same notes - the Marvin Gaye family will be on your tail :P
that chord is totally Gaye