How to ask on Ableton Answers???

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Heavy Armor

How to ask on Ableton Answers???

Post by Heavy Armor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:18 am

Man, I'm having the absolute WORST experience with pretty much anything Ableton related.... certainly not an encouraging start for a noob. I downloaded the trial, and the clips simply won't drag/drop like the tutorial vids show, and all the Google searches on similar topics are years old. So I come to the forum (which I can only find through Google, not from the Ableton site), and the place to ask is closed, and redirects me to "Answers". Either I'm frikkin blind, or there's no way to post. There's a "Ask other Live Users" link if I click in the search bar, but you can plainly see the link just redirects back to the answers site with the "latest".

What the %$@#^$@ am I missing here??? I'm -><-- this close to scrapping it altogether and just settling for the visual nightmare of FL Studio. At least I can make it do something.

OH LOOK, someone else JUST posted this one, and it's my same issue: https://www.ableton.com/answers/i-can-t ... or-effects

Do I have to have a -paid- license to ask questions from unofficial sources or something?

Tarekith

Re: How to ask on Ableton Answers???

Post by Tarekith » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:50 am

You can ask here on the forums as well, you don't have to ask for help on Answers.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Heavy Armor wrote: Do I have to have a -paid- license to ask questions from unofficial sources or something?
:? 8O :lol:

Yeah, their Answers thing was a bit of an experiment which didn't pay off. At the time they were trying to reationalise the forum, which had a lot of the same questions being asked all the time with a poor search to find any answers - so they tried the Answers route.
Unfortunately it doesn't attract knowledgable users enough to answer the questions. There's no reason for a person with an Answer to go to Answers.

So there seems to have been a dawning realisation that maybe the forums have some purpose after all. So - the upshot is the forums have had a reprieve and are probably a better place to ask questions if you want answers from people who know the program.

But Ableton still hates the forum, and their users.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Heh. Live certainly hates me at present. With my shiny new PC, I now too run into M4L crashes when using the LFO device, which was extremely rare with my old PC.

What I really like about this new middle finger is that it's massive and being held right up in my face - when Live crashes, I have to reinstall my audio interface's drivers. :D

Roasted Au

Post by Roasted Au » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Bro what the heck, where on this website can I post a question? I’m not stupid on computers I literally can’t find a area to ask a question, I don’t want the knowledge data base section because it’s got nothing for me.

I’m looking for help on why Ableton isn’t detecting my audio from my Rode NT1 Microphone. I’ve got the interface that came in the bundle with the mic. I’ve been using logic on my Mac fine for audio recording but had to switch to my windows PC today. I’ve selected the AISC driver but nothing shows, but when I go to the AMC/Direct X (or whatever I forgot the name) it shows the Rode NT1 interface, but there’s like a wave version and a X version, I’ve been through every combination, no sound is detected on ableton. The mic works on other apps such as discord and is detected by my PC. It just won’t show response in Ableton. Can anyone help? Or send me where to ask for help?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Just start a new thread here and ask away.
Tarekith

Molle1234

Post by Molle1234 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 am

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm
Hi. I have used Abelton live 11 for 2 month now . And its a fantastic music studio. But suddenly it stopped because of a bug problem ..WHAT !!! And i keep sending BUG REPORT but nothing happend ..Have i lost 2 month of work ? this is cracy ... I NEED HELP 8O

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:37 am

You need help:

Your helpers need:
  • System specs
  • Operating system
  • What version of live exactly
  • What went wrong, and what does still work?
Beware: without info nobody can help you!!!!

And maybe it is better to open a new topic for your needs......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:30 pm

Molle1234 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 am
Tarekith wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm
Hi. I have used Abelton live 11 for 2 month now . And its a fantastic music studio. But suddenly it stopped because of a bug problem ..WHAT !!! And i keep sending BUG REPORT but nothing happend ..Have i lost 2 month of work ? this is cracy ... I NEED HELP 8O
Bug reports just get logged internally you won’t receive a reply, you need to contact support@ableton.com for help.
Tarekith

Wud

Post by Wud » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:47 pm

Hey. Did anyone figure out how to post a question on the forum? I don't see New Topic anywhere. Thanks.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:26 pm

Wud wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:47 pm
Hey. Did anyone figure out how to post a question on the forum? I don't see New Topic anywhere. Thanks.
In the same spot that "Post Reply" is when you're in a topic, it will say New Topic. You just have to not be in a topic when you post a new thread or topic etc.