Hey TomV! YouTube Red

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Hey TomV! YouTube Red

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:50 pm

So YouTube is rolling out a monthly subscription service where you can watch videos without commercials for the gold standard pricing of $10 per month. This supposedly is also going to mean more money for YouTube posters than under the current ad supported model.

However, I am reading some reports that YouTube publishers have to sign a YouTube Red subscription deal or their videos will get yanked.

I yield the floor to my esteemed colleague, TomV.

H20nly

Re: Hey TomV! YouTube Red

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Tom is currently being detained after a Molotov cock... Eh hem... incident... outside the Spotify office in Stockholm.

Please enjoy some complimentary royalty free organic Mungo while we wait for him to arrive https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0oBPtyNb0

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:52 pm

I imagine Tom’s studio treatment is actually corkboard walls filled with printouts of small print license terms and conditions agreements highlighted and connected with colored yarn.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:13 am

... and a picture of Taylor Swift with the face circled in red sharpie

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:48 pm

You guys leave me and my Molotov cock alone, or you'll end up on that corkboard wall as well! You hear me?! :x

Rearding the topic at hand:
I'm open to any change to the model of streaming and content distribution that is
a.) Advertisment free
b.) I get the money MY listeners payed (minus the cut for the distributer)

If Youtube Red (never heard of Redtube, Google?! :lol: ), follows this model, I'm absolutely interested.

But correct me if I'm wrong, Google Music works the same way as Spotify and Apple Music do, right?
(Meaning condition b.) is not fullfilled)

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Of course Google ramped up their ads to nonsubscribers as soon as they launched this. Yesterday every video I played had an ad before it. :x