Structuring the foundation of a music business

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
science2682

Structuring the foundation of a music business

Post by science2682 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:20 pm

I've been working on a website for a while, gathering Intel on the best social media outlets to start with, getting cover art, graphics and video footage together. pusrchasing ISRC codes, PRO, copyrights pdf(s)and a whole lot of other material. Doing a ton of soul searching to figure out my niche and my lane in the business, What do I really want to do with my music, setting up business meetings with friends, making random calls to studios to ask in house producers questions,setting up private tours of colleges. The list goes on...this is just a small list of DIY task that you have to handle if you're truly serious about building a empire of your own.

Check out the website. http://www.soundcreationinteligence.com Tell me how the site comes off to you, sign up and leave a note or let's just chat about music.

smutek

Re: Structuring the foundation of a music business

Post by smutek » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:44 pm

science2682 wrote:Check out the website. http://www.soundcreationinteligence.com Tell me how the site comes off to you
First thing I'd suggest is that you should consider fixing your link. 8)

The gray on black text just below the first image "Liquid effects are just the tip of the.." is super low contrast and way too hard to read.

There's no real direction or call to action on the page - like, what do you want me to do next? What are you trying to tell me?

I'd suggest trying to work out what kind of action you want viewers to take when they land on your page -like, do you want me to fill out your form? Check out your tunes? - then redesign your page around that goal.

Hope this helps, congrats on your business endeavor and good luck!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Yeah, it's pretty hard to read with the dark grey text on black I'm afraid. I think some of the graphics that are like page headers are unneeded too, it's distracting and takes away from what you're trying to tell people. There's too much video and pictures taking up the page that don't tell me anything about your business at a glance, and the text that does that gets overshadowed by them. IE, Why are there two sets of soundcloud players in the sacred soniks section, are they different for some reason? I can't tell, that sort of thing.

Also your page name is showing doubled on the tab in safari.

It's a good start, just need to clean it up and get the focus back on what your message is, instead of the big graphics that don't and anything.

science2682

Post by science2682 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:49 pm

Much thanks to the both of you for responding back with details. I'll work on it and send updates. Please keep checking back to this post and the website!