Ableton Live 10 Release Date

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Underground Surface

Ableton Live 10 Release Date

Post by Underground Surface » Wed May 25, 2016 10:52 am

When Ableton Live 10 will be released? Is there any ETA available?

I just asked out of curiosity. And how about feature wishlist, does someone read that, because it seems that it's abandoned a bit, community is inactive?

Another question: is it the better place to post suggestions in Ableton Beta (centercode) or in the wishlist of these forums?

S4racen

Re: Ableton Live 10 Release Date

Post by S4racen » Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am

Underground Surface wrote:When Ableton Live 10 will be released? Is there any ETA available?

I just asked out of curiosity. And how about feature wishlist, does someone read that, because it seems that it's abandoned a bit, community is inactive?

Another question: is it the better place to post suggestions in Ableton Beta (centercode) or in the wishlist of these forums?
Definitely in the beta forum!

Cheers
D

Underground Surface

Post by Underground Surface » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 am

S4racen wrote:
Underground Surface wrote:When Ableton Live 10 will be released? Is there any ETA available?

Definitely in the beta forum!

Cheers
D
Yeah, but Beta forums looks inactive, nobody reads suggestions, the same with other people not only with me. That's the main problem. You can write everything you want to be added in future Live releases, but it seems that you're writing only for yourself. Because forums are a bit abandoned, that I've mentioned earlier. Btw thanks for reply.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am

don't submit suggestions into the beta forum of Centercode., do it into the Suggestions section of Centercode.
on the sidebar where it says "Feedback" click "suggestions".

Also don't submit anything just yet, instead go the suggestions section and use the search box. Vote up anything that looks similar to what you want. That has a much greater chance of success than you submitting a variant on a popular wish. Popular pressure is more likely to be considered.

the most popular on there at the moment are Grouping in a Group, Edit multiple Midi clips, in-clip audio editing, ...

the search will bring up a bunch of things related to your potential submission, but if it doesn't you should submit it anyway. I suspect that an amazing suggestion with 5 votes is still likely to get considered.

Underground Surface

Post by Underground Surface » Wed May 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Angstrom wrote:don't submit suggestions into the beta forum of Centercode., do it into the Suggestions section of Centercode.
on the sidebar where it says "Feedback" click "suggestions".

Also don't submit anything just yet, instead go the suggestions section and use the search box. Vote up anything that looks similar to what you want. That has a much greater chance of success than you submitting a variant on a popular wish. Popular pressure is more likely to be considered.

the most popular on there at the moment are Grouping in a Group, Edit multiple Midi clips, in-clip audio editing, ...

the search will bring up a bunch of things related to your potential submission, but if it doesn't you should submit it anyway. I suspect that an amazing suggestion with 5 votes is still likely to get considered.
Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm

What if you knew the release date of Live 10 and it had new features.... but absolutely none that you were hoping for? Would you then ask how soon Live 11 is coming out? :mrgreen:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Live 10 Pre-Review : Feature breakdown (Telepath Edition)

Live 10s features can be broken down into 4 main categories
  1. Features that are great, just what you wanted, Amazing!
  2. Features you never wanted, and can't really understand why it's there.
  3. Features you wanted, but differently. You feel the pain of what might have been.
  4. Features you'd never even thought of, but here they are. Sort of interesting. potentially
the percentages for each may swing your way if you pray to the gods of software development in the centercode suggestions section ;-)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 26, 2016 6:01 am

Next Tuesday.

8O
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 am

Tarekith wrote:Next Tuesday.

8O
I got in trouble for a joke like that :-(

Cheers
D

MissAngie

Post by MissAngie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:53 am

Angstrom wrote:Live 10 Pre-Review : Feature breakdown (Telepath Edition)

Live 10s features can be broken down into 4 main categories
  1. Features that are great, just what you wanted, Amazing!
  2. Features you never wanted, and can't really understand why it's there.
  3. Features you wanted, but differently. You feel the pain of what might have been.
  4. Features you'd never even thought of, but here they are. Sort of interesting. potentially
the percentages for each may swing your way if you pray to the gods of software development in the centercode suggestions section ;-)
why not : https://www.emotiv.com/epoc
https://www.youtube.com/user/emotivstation

be patient

Last Ableton Live for progressive psytrance, I hope for life.
I recommand the quite or hot pearls hunt in the https://www.psyshop.com CDs seller database (to plan aspirine).
"Less is more", motto of minimal art.

Grill Pheiss

Post by Grill Pheiss » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:41 am

don't hold your breath for live 10 just yet.

I can tell you from an inside source that this 9.7b4 b5 b6 b7 trend etc etc will be going
on for a while.

we'll see a live 9.8 b1 b2 b3 b4 etc

and a 9.9 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b7 b8 etc etc

AliMc

Post by AliMc » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Personally, I'm quite happy with them adding new features and updates to Live 9 for free. :)
A lot of other daws require far more regular payments to keep up to date.
In my opinion Live 9 has progressed quite nicely since it was released without Ableton asking us for any more cash (except for Push of course).

Grill Pheiss

Post by Grill Pheiss » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 pm

AliMc wrote:Personally, I'm quite happy with them adding new features and updates to Live 9 for free. :)
A lot of other daws require far more regular payments to keep up to date.
In my opinion Live 9 has progressed quite nicely since it was released without Ableton asking us for any more cash (except for Push of course).
right! and Live just requires a small contribution a.k.a PUSH so that the updates are actually relevant to you ;)

Stevejaz

Post by Stevejaz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:14 pm

+1 to the above
The only reason I upgraded to 9 from 8 (which I bought as the Suite box for the orchestral samples) was to also buy Push when it first came out. Ableton pretty much lost me when they then suggested I throw my old Push away and pay even more for a new one.
These days I mostly use NI KK88 and found a bit of software that enables KK Ultimate menu access from Push.
I am interested in NI Jam, mainly for the touch strips and will maybe go as far as Machine Studio as well.
I feel Ableton totally blew the transition from a software only company to a software/hardware one, especially with the rather insulting offer of an upgrade from Push1 to push 2.
In my opinion the longer I own the current version of Live the better as I have no interest or intention of upgrading to Live 10.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 am

Stevejaz wrote:Ableton pretty much lost me when they then suggested I throw my old Push away and pay even more for a new one.
What's that? It hasn't occurred to you that:
  • It's natural for companies to further develop existing product lines?
  • It's natural to build products people wants to buy and use?
  • A new version of an existing product is in no way forcing users of older versions to not stay on the existing older product?
  • To keep supporting the older product is a fine and appreciated move by users of that, that in the end might pay off?
As a producer that stayed with the original Push I can't understand what you wrote there at all.
Make some music!