Expectations of reality a disappointment?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
runningwithit

Expectations of reality a disappointment?

Post by runningwithit » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:53 am

does anyone find their expectations of reality a disappointment?

i do find release in books, things can be imagined and i can be quite satisfied.

i wouldn't say reality is a total bummer, but sometimes i want much more than i have and not always material stuff, stuff like social, success, recognition, all these more abstract things i don't have.

books is like the things that let me accept my vision of reality as somewhat illusionary: in a way that it's never what it seems, always passing, etc.

i don't know i just wanted a place to share my thoughts.
also has anyone tried to be a writer here?
-runingwithit aka meisterable
https://soundcloud.com/miesterabel

mmorgan

Re: Expectations of reality a disappointment?

Post by mmorgan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 pm

I tried to be a writer at one point in my life. I was kind of disappointed as the reality of it didn't meet my expectations (i.e. I really sucked but didn't want to.)
Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz; 16G Ram; Win 10-64; Live 9.5
RME-Fireface UFX; Machine II; APC40; MPK25;
Guitars and Amps

auto-lock

Re: Expectations of reality a disappointment?

Post by auto-lock » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:04 pm

yes i feel like that too. i wish i can find release in books, i only find sleep... :lol: :P

but you know, i think those of us that like to create and imagine are blessed because like you said there is alot of satisfaction in it. i think maybe if our Expectations of reality are disappointing we take refuge in our minds and imagine better things.

its interesting because they are better things in your mind but not reality. but what is reality when you can dream of the day when you are asleep in the darkest of night and it feels real...

hey cool post, very inspiring!