What's your next music gear purchase?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sporkles

Re: What's your next music gear purchase?

Post by sporkles » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Tarekith wrote:Check out the Kenton Killamix mini too.
Thanks. That one looks a bit too steampunky for my taste. 8) The Midi Fighter is super cool, but a tad too bulky. I ended up returning the Behringer and digging out my good old NanoKontrol. I've had this notion that the encoders *have* to be endless, but value scaling works just fine when you're sitting in front of your computer screen anyway.

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:47 am

My next purchase will probably be a Fender standard MIM telecaster and a guitar amp.

Im also thinking about buying a 4 or 8 track tape recorder. I never owned one and would like to try making a couple of songs that way. I want to pretend Im in my teens and have all the gear to "make it big"
I may go with a digital multitrack recorder, the only requirement is that the recorder was built pre 2000's

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am

Korg lambda Es-50 !!

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:45 pm

i just bought one of these on ebay - Black Widow Speedlink Flight Controller Joystick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-SL-6 ... B0001ZN4WU

i've got my head around getting these things to work using max for live so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. i'm envisaging using the throttle thing to blend in distortion, and the force feedback is appealing. dunno about taking it out the house though, i'll see how big it actually is first

my only problem now is that i got about four of these things, of which the sanwa gamepad is the best. but if i want to use them all together, with my quneo and softstep as well, and my midi bass, then i need to try mutate myself into some kind of multi-limbed octopus freak thing

the quneo is still doing my head in with its fantasticness though

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm

So the MOTU MIDI hub arrived, but I bought that with money left in my PayPal account from selling stuff on eBay.... :lol: So that doesn't really count, right?

Then one of these popped up on my radar. I first saw it during the GoFundMe campaign, but wasn't ready to buy, and then when it was officially released, it sold out quickly and I missed it. But I got it now!!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/endangere ... ristleizer

Always been a huge fan of Throbbing Gristle and its various incarnations. I started my Eurorack specifically in search of those kinds of sounds, and now I'll have my own "Gristleizer". Supposed to arrive on Thursday.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Richie Witch wrote: Always been a huge fan of Throbbing Gristle and its various incarnations. I started my Eurorack specifically in search of those kinds of sounds, and now I'll have my own "Gristleizer". Supposed to arrive on Thursday.
that looks great. never managed to adequately get my head around throbbing gristle though. one or two tracks maybe, i saw chris and cosey last year and they were pretty good

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:25 am

Preparing for the Komplete 11 and the new PS4. I'm avoiding GAS, but the more I play with the Permut8, the more I can't get the OTO Biscuit out of my head.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:59 pm

crystalmsc wrote:Preparing for the Komplete 11

We are speculating in the gear for no purpose thread that the next version of Komplete will be subscription based since they are way behind on announcing or releasing it. They’re reinforcing the HQ for all the incoming Fuck That bricks that will surely follow the announcement. :x

L.roachy

Post by L.roachy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm

A new desk for the studio (thinking the zaor miza 88 xl) and maybe a x0xb0x to go with it.

:mrgreen:

The_Subject

Post by The_Subject » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:34 pm

My Launchpad's USB socket is faulty...(I bought it when they were first released so I'm not too surprised the amount I've carried it about)

So a replacement. Not sure what yet, either another launchpad, or I'm toying with the whole push thing but money vs what do they actually add? velocity sensitivity I'm not much a user of...I'm in the process of perfecting my own sequencer for launchpad and conspiracy without max or push.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:05 am

beats me wrote:We are speculating in the gear for no purpose thread that the next version of Komplete will be subscription based since they are way behind on announcing or releasing it.
Glad that they didn't :) But nothing interest me about the update, no Kontakt/Guitar Rig 6 or a newer version of their older plugins such as Absynth or FM8. Kontakt 5.6 update is nice though. It's their 20th Anniv, expected something big..like being able to use the HD directly for all samples using SSD or something. They did update the installer, let's see about that. The Symphony Essentials addition is nice, especially since they mentioned to never include it. Form looks nice and can be useful. But since I'm after the Reaktor 6, probably going to get it anyway. Also for Molekular and Replika XT.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:42 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
beats me wrote:We are speculating in the gear for no purpose thread that the next version of Komplete will be subscription based since they are way behind on announcing or releasing it.
Glad that they didn't :) But nothing interest me about the update, no Kontakt/Guitar Rig 6 or a newer version of their older plugins such as Absynth or FM8. Kontakt 5.6 update is nice though. It's their 20th Anniv, expected something big..like being able to use the HD directly for all samples using SSD or something. They did update the installer, let's see about that. The Symphony Essentials addition is nice, especially since they mentioned to never include it. Form looks nice and can be useful. But since I'm after the Reaktor 6, probably going to get it anyway. Also for Molekular and Replika XT.

Komplete is usually more about the sound content than the host instrument upgrades. I’m on Komplete Ultimate. A little math on the individual instruments included in the upgrade.

Symphony Ensembles - $1,400ish
Form - $99
Flesh - $99
Replika XT - $99/$49 upgrade
Emotive Strings - $299
Reacktor 6 - $199/$99 upgrade
Una Corda - $149
India - $99
Session Guitarist Strummed Accoustic - $99

Total: $2,500ish

OR

Wait for the 50% off upgrade sale and get it all for $200. Full upgrade price of $400 would still be a steal. :)

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:36 pm

beats me wrote:Symphony Ensembles - $1,400ish
What's included is only the Essentials version though, but still a good value overall. Especially for those who are using most of the included materials. Pity that I'm only going to use a little part of the whole package. Talking about subscription, seems like rent to own is fit for this, especially for the upgrade.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:43 pm

Yeah, I know the symphony ensembles in komplete are watered down but it’s unclear how watered down. Sounds like they are just fine for most users but if you want them for SERIOUS BUSINESS then you are going to have to pay for the SERIOUS BUSINESS full versions. I’m sure there will probably also be a reasonable upgrade price from the essentials version to the full version. They’ve probably figured out by now that they are charging way too much based on demand or lack thereof given so much competition.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:57 pm

beats me wrote:I’m sure there will probably also be a reasonable upgrade price from the essentials version to the full version.
That should be awesome, but as you said for most users the essentials could be enough. The differences can be seen here. Ableton OIC and OEE 1 & 2 served me well so far. The Symphony Essentials supposed to be more than enough for a while.