Selling albums specifically for charity

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
downfader

Selling albums specifically for charity

Post by downfader » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I contacted Bandcamp a while back asking about this. I'd like to upload a couple of albums/ep I've made (currently on soundcloud) but instead of making money myself I'd like to designate it to charity (eg WWF, Warchild, that sort of thing). Bandcamp say they have no option to do this (I'm pretty sure they could if they worked on it), but that I could type in the charity of my choice's paypal email address.

The trouble is no charity I've emailed will provide me with such. I must have contacted about 10 in the past 2 months.

So I looked at Pledge Music. They say they donate to charity but provide naff-all information on this or on membership. They appear to have turned into the kickstarter of music and left it at that. :?

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about music and money. Sadly due to my employer I cannot accept payment as that means complicated taxes here in the UK! Giving any profits away seemed more realistic given my current financial circumstance.

Has anyone done this successfully? What site did you upload the album to? Did you have to do anything special regards tax status? Thanks if anyone has any information!

downfader

Re: Selling albums specifically for charity

Post by downfader » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Ha!

I think I may have some solutions to selling charity albums! Turns out twitter was the way to contact them! :D