New Macbook Pro

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: New Macbook Pro

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Its dead simple to plug things into the new MBP.

:lol: :x

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:01 am

beats me wrote:
Another thing I don’t like about Apple is they were supposedly supply chain geniuses but clearly they aren’t because they are constantly throwing old tech in new devices and hardware as if they have a huge parts overstock issue they need to deplete. As an example they tossed the slower Touch ID into the newest 9.7” iPad Pro even though it originated in the iPhone 6 and was improved in the iPhone 6s that came out before the iPad Pro. Shit like that.
That can of course often be somewhat mind-boggling, but sometimes I think it's more about the total thing where one existing older piece of tech solves the problem better than the newer in a specific product. Overall I think it costs more to press old tech into new products, if that's only done because you have the old in store.

You also need to acknowledge the aspect that different Apple products have their own independent development cycles — sometimes spanning many years — and that these cycles and its phases can't be deducted from release dates. Likely the iPad Pro was done more in tandem with iPhone 6 and that's the reason they share tech. Then 6s improved that Tech, but it was deemed not so improved to warrant a delay of the iPad Pro as that was release ready as is.
Make some music!

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
beats me wrote:
Another thing I don’t like about Apple is they were supposedly supply chain geniuses but clearly they aren’t because they are constantly throwing old tech in new devices and hardware as if they have a huge parts overstock issue they need to deplete. As an example they tossed the slower Touch ID into the newest 9.7” iPad Pro even though it originated in the iPhone 6 and was improved in the iPhone 6s that came out before the iPad Pro. Shit like that.
That can of course often be somewhat mind-boggling, but sometimes I think it's more about the total thing where one existing older piece of tech solves the problem better than the newer in a specific product. Overall I think it costs more to press old tech into new products, if that's only done because you have the old in store.

You also need to acknowledge the aspect that different Apple products have their own independent development cycles — sometimes spanning many years — and that these cycles and its phases can't be deducted from release dates. Likely the iPad Pro was done more in tandem with iPhone 6 and that's the reason they share tech. Then 6s improved that Tech, but it was deemed not so improved to warrant a delay of the iPad Pro as that was release ready as is.

If I was running a global dictatorship my first point of order would be everybody gets their tech upgrades every 3 years and they just make the best of it. And all manufactures release their upgrades in the same week. Between then you can change platforms or expand the RAM or storage but that’s it. The calming affect after release month will be swift. Manufactures, consumers, and developers can all take some time to breathe and focus confident that there’s nothing new or better just around the corner.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:19 pm

...can anyone confirm that the usb-c to usb dongle is working with push 2?...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:46 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...can anyone confirm that the usb-c to usb dongle is working with push 2?...
it did, but Apple already replaced it with usb-d

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:56 am

for best performance and satisfaction, i would hold out for USB-R, which will connect wirelessly to the Push 2 via electromagnetic resonance...

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:17 pm

...you guys should think about a career in the comedy business...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

steko

Post by steko » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

steko

steko

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 am

finally, an Apple engineer explains the USB-C revolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG ... e=youtu.be

steko

Post by steko » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:09 pm

:lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:54 am

:lol:

It's funny cuz it's true

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 am

I'm thinking about going to the store to order my New Macbook Pro this week :D
I was sure that I would configure it with the 1 TB SSD drive but it is so much more expensive and I could get a new audio interface for that amount of money.
What do you think? Is it a bad idea if I'm going to use it for at least the next 2-3 years? I have only 256 GB at the moment and I have all the audio stuff that I need but would probably fill up the new Macbook to about 400 Gb.
What do you think?