Producers, Name your Problems with making beats

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Machinesworking

Re: Producers, Name your Problems with making beats

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Stromkraft wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't set Grooves to one clip or a bunch of clips from the Push. Not a big problem, but somewhat irritating.

Another problem, and a more serious one at that, is that Live's unholy requirements on CPU power means I have to build a hackintosh (or get a second hand 6-core or more Mac Pro) in order to record my MIDI drummer at 32 samples, if I want to use lot's of other tracks playing at the same time. If it's just him and the rest is audio it works, but I'd like to be able to jam around a bit without having to freeze when I want to move to another instrument.
Yeah that among other reasons is why eventually I'm buying VSL Ensemble Pro. I bought a laptop for my last band and have been on hiatus from live shows ever since, so it gets hardly any music use. It has a no latency setting but I have no idea whether drum kits in Live on your laptop would be affected by latency with VEP running on a second computer?

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I'd probably say keeping unity among all of the rhythmic elements, getting them to play along equally to achieve the sum goal of their parts. :twisted: I'm working on it.

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 am

Yeah, most hi hat parts/rhythms are WAY too fucking loud. Make 'em almost disappear. And the snare is TOO LOUD.