Bitwig 2 was just announced. What about Live 10?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
deva

Re: Bitwig 2 was just announced. What about Live 10?

Post by deva » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Sean_Clarke wrote:Bitwig 2 is rock solid for me (Windows) and I havent touched Live since it came out as the modulators (and cv for my Eurorack with ES-8) are just too good. I think Ableton went all in with Push, they are a hell of a long way behind Bitwig in terms of features, but I am hanging on to my licence as Live 10 may offer something different.
How do you find the Bitwig 2 timing sync'ed to hardware? That area is supposed to be re-written.

I'm also keeping my Live 9 license for whenever 10 comes out. But I am only using Bitwig these days. The modulators in v2 are excellent and very fast to work with. Bitwig is also better for audio editing, can do groups in groups, and since neither of them can do ghost clips, being able to edit a group of clips at once is rather handy.

Johey

Post by Johey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm

I have just swapped my Live Standard license for a Bitwig Studio 2 license, just waiting for them to activate it. Haven't even tried the demo version, but I'm swapping just because I want to switch back to GNU/Linux. Will gladly pay for yearly support if the Bitwig software does half the job Live does but on my platform of choice.

If Ableton would decide to support GNU/Linux, I might give it another go (in case I don't find Bitwig to do what I'm expecting). Really tired of Windows and MacOS making the systems worse by every single update nowadays.

Over and out!

antic604

Post by antic604 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Johey wrote:I have just swapped my Live Standard license for a Bitwig Studio 2 license, just waiting for them to activate it.
What do you mean 'swapped'? Is there any crossgrade offer that I'm not aware of?

Johey

Post by Johey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm

antic604: That would've been a fantastic option, right? :) No, unfortunately you have to find someone with a Bitwig Studio 2 licence willing to swap with your Live Standard if you wanna go my route.

Laurie Laptop

Post by Laurie Laptop » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:06 am

I'm still using Live 9.7.2 and Logic Pro X for most recording projects, but thought I should give Bitwig 2 a try. I found the modulation feature excellent for auto-generated music creation.

Here's an example using 100% Bitwig instruments and effects.

https://youtu.be/xDikDUUqk4U

Enjoy!

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:09 am

Laurie Laptop wrote:I'm still using Live 9.7.2 and Logic Pro X for most recording projects, but thought I should give Bitwig 2 a try. I found the modulation feature excellent for auto-generated music creation.

Here's an example using 100% Bitwig instruments and effects.

https://youtu.be/xDikDUUqk4U

Enjoy!

Sweet track. :)