Am i only limited to Ableton packs for samples?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
thecudlyyeti

Am i only limited to Ableton packs for samples?

Post by thecudlyyeti » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 am

I don't know things!! Am i able to download samples for Ableton push that arent just from the packs offered on the site? Like what if i want these bird sounds from my field recorder? Also i have windows xp is that a problem?

BoddAH

Re: Am i only limited to Ableton packs for samples?

Post by BoddAH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 pm

You can also get a lot of professional quality Packs made for Ableton Live through other sources that the official Ableton store like Puremagnetik. :)

skowi

Re: Am i only limited to Ableton packs for samples?

Post by skowi » Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi,
Windows XP was one of the best Microsoft products ever in my opinion. However not very safe at the moment (as any discontinued OS), without Internet connection provides a good environment for all of us, not consuming cosmic amounts of precious resources.

As for your question, I'd like to recommend you 3 places to find samples:
:arrow: Freesound.org - a source of sounds that are free. You can find nearly any kind of sound here. A great place to gather inspirations
:arrow: London Philharmonia - sampled sounds of all their instruments. Absolutely unique - professional and beautiful :)
:arrow: Lucidsamples - one of my favorite online shops. You can find plenty of others ofc and the decision is up to you, but this one offers over 1GB of freebies ready to be used even in commercial projects.
Why, let the stricken deer go weep,
The hart ungalled play;
For some must watch, while some must sleep:
So runs the world away
A pack of samples is always a good way for a new project to be started.