Reason 9.5 adds support for VST plug-ins

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Emanresu0891

Re: Reason 9.5 adds support for VST plug-ins

Post by Emanresu0891 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:47 am

Yeah, take that ableton. :P
Meanwhile in the year 2001 the first ipod is released.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 am

They've added a lot besides VST over the years actually. :)

I'm just disappointed they implemented the same crappy issue of losing VST support while in slave mode that Live has! :x
Even worse, they invented ReWire. :x

Besides that it tempts me, I have a copy of 2.5 gathering dust...

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:08 am

Machinesworking wrote:they implemented the same crappy issue of losing VST support while in slave mode that Live has!
How's that in Live you mean? I never noticed "losing VST support" running Live synced to external tempo.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:they implemented the same crappy issue of losing VST support while in slave mode that Live has!
How's that in Live you mean? I never noticed "losing VST support" running Live synced to external tempo.
Not with simple sync, with ReWire, you're not an ex or current Reason user I suppose. Live loses the ability to host VSTs when slaved to DAWs that only act as Masters like Logic, DP, Cubase etc. It also loses Max.

Unfortunately Propellerheads are doing the same thing with Reason, even though Reaper and a few other DAWs can run VSTs while in ReWire slave mode. So it's going to be the same when you start a song in Live and want to use some other DAWs functionality, you're stuck syncing which doesn't include audio routing etc.

I suppose for some no big deal, but I've always hated how ReWire could be the perfect solution, but falls short this way.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
Not with simple sync, with ReWire, you're not an ex or current Reason user I suppose. Live loses the ability to host VSTs when slaved to DAWs that only act as Masters like Logic, DP, Cubase etc. It also loses Max.

Unfortunately Propellerheads are doing the same thing with Reason, even though Reaper and a few other DAWs can run VSTs while in ReWire slave mode. So it's going to be the same when you start a song in Live and want to use some other DAWs functionality, you're stuck syncing which doesn't include audio routing etc.

I suppose for some no big deal, but I've always hated how ReWire could be the perfect solution, but falls short this way.
I see what you mean. I used Reason 4 in parallel with Logic until late 2012 when I switched to Live exclusively. I think Logic always was the master if I used Rewire, which I think I did.

I'm not sure. That era is like a blur. I salvaged one of my old Reason songs last year. The others were just crap.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Stromkraft wrote: I see what you mean. I used Reason 4 in parallel with Logic until late 2012 when I switched to Live exclusively. I think Logic always was the master if I used Rewire, which I think I did.

I'm not sure. That era is like a blur. I salvaged one of my old Reason songs last year. The others were just crap.
Yeah I'm about to buy a copy of LogicX literally from pennies cashed in at change machines in Safeway etc. :x
Just to be able to salvage a few old songs, and work with friends who use Logic.
I might load a mix project into Logic to see how useful I find VCA faders, I do tend to go too hot in a mix and have to turn everything down, with busses and sends that messes of the ratio so any mix work you did is lost. VCA faders fixes that, but in typical Logic fashion it's overtly complicated looking compared to Cubase etc. Hopefully DP or Live get it soon.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: I see what you mean. I used Reason 4 in parallel with Logic until late 2012 when I switched to Live exclusively. I think Logic always was the master if I used Rewire, which I think I did.

Yeah I'm about to buy a copy of LogicX literally from pennies cashed in at change machines in Safeway etc. :x
Just to be able to salvage a few old songs, and work with friends who use Logic.
I might load a mix project into Logic to see how useful I find VCA faders, I do tend to go too hot in a mix and have to turn everything down, with busses and sends that messes of the ratio so any mix work you did is lost. VCA faders fixes that, but in typical Logic fashion it's overtly complicated looking compared to Cubase etc. Hopefully DP or Live get it soon.
Yeah, I try to use that stuff in Waves NLS. Or I buss everything. Man, how did I make music before bussing? I shiver thinking about the old set structures.
Make some music!