25% off sale at Ableton

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TomKern

Re: 25% off sale at Ableton

Post by TomKern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 am

8O
Updates coming?!

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Every year, when this sale comes around, I think to myself... is this the year to buy Collision?

Then I look around the studio and go, nah... when would I ever use it? The 25% discount isn't enough to get the impulse-buying part of my brain to pull out my credit card. :lol:
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:34 pm

hmm, maybe. i can't be arsed to upgrade though. i've slowly bought stuff in suite apart from the extra effects and stuff which i figure i can manage without. i already got MFL on crossgrade. operator and sampler on the cheap :)

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Ableton has had similar sales at least twice a year since 2013 and it never meant a new version was around the corner.

It doesn't meah s**t. :lol:

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm

BoddAH wrote:Ableton has had similar sales at least twice a year since 2013 and it never meant a new version was around the corner.

It doesn't meah s**t. :lol:
:(
Oh well....

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:07 pm

slatepipe wrote:hmm, maybe. i can't be arsed to upgrade though. i've slowly bought stuff in suite apart from the extra effects and stuff which i figure i can manage without. i already got MFL on crossgrade. operator and sampler on the cheap :)
Yeah, I couldn't live without Sampler--I added that during a sale a couple years ago. I look at some of the orchestral percussion packs from time to time, but I already have Kontakt and the third-party libraries for that are more to my taste.

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Richie Witch wrote:
slatepipe wrote:hmm, maybe. i can't be arsed to upgrade though. i've slowly bought stuff in suite apart from the extra effects and stuff which i figure i can manage without. i already got MFL on crossgrade. operator and sampler on the cheap :)
Yeah, I couldn't live without Sampler--I added that during a sale a couple years ago. I look at some of the orchestral percussion packs from time to time, but I already have Kontakt and the third-party libraries for that are more to my taste.
Don't want to check now, but didn't just the price for Sampler alone almost cover the price difference between Standard and Suite?!
I vaguely remember that pricing it out back then was what turned me to say: fuck it, I just get Suite. It's a no brainer.

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:17 pm

TomKern wrote:
Richie Witch wrote:
Don't want to check now, but didn't just the price for Sampler alone almost cover the price difference between Standard and Suite?!
I vaguely remember that pricing it out back then was what turned me to say: fuck it, I just get Suite. It's a no brainer.
Not sure what sort of deal you got, but for me it was not even close. Sampler was $74. Upgrade from Standard to Suite is $224.

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah on second thought, I think I considered Operator as well, so between the two the rest of the difference then didn't feel worth mentioning anymore.

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:13 pm

TomKern wrote:Yeah on second thought, I think I considered Operator as well, so between the two the rest of the difference then didn't feel worth mentioning anymore.
Yeah, that makes sense. If you're looking to get a couple different instruments or wanting to upgrade to M4L, I can see where the full upgrade to Suite would make more sense.