When Live 10 arrives.....

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
kitekrazy

When Live 10 arrives.....

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Nice to see they haven't pushed it out yet. I think they should do away with the Suite. What more could they add to make 10 Suite worth it?

yur2die4

Re: When Live 10 arrives.....

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Yeah but standard doesn't include a lot of instrument devices or Max.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 pm

antic604 wrote: If anything, Live 10 is late seeing how Bitwig, Reason or Studio One have progressed.
Stability beats being late. I don't think Ableton will be content with catching up. We'll see when it happens.
Make some music!

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:34 am

antic604 wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:What more could they add to make 10 Suite worth it?
What? Comping, ghost/alias clips, layered editing, chord tracks/aids, bounce in place (hybrid tracks), high DPI screen support on PC, mouse-wheel zoom, full touch screen support, grouping groups, Oh, an actually usable mixer in arrangement view and a way to disable tracks, so that they don't use CPU (not freeze / flatten).

Funny is, those are not innovative things as most other DAWs have had them for years (decades, even!).

If anything, Live 10 is late seeing how Bitwig, Reason or Studio One have progressed.
Those should not be secluded to Suite.

pottering

Post by pottering » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:42 am

nm
♥♥♥

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 pm

antic604 wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:...

If anything, Live 10 is late seeing how Bitwig, Reason or Studio One have progressed.
lol reason ...

i am waiting patiently for Live X. I hope we get now native devices - like LFO for example. Maybe an overhaul of the stock synths?
VST3 would be nice, Ableton seems the only daw late to this party (ohhh wait reason announced recently they add VST support, guess Ableton isnt that late then ...)
I am pretty happy with Ableton otherwise, i mostly worked around with free plugs or commercial plugs and why should i give this up?

And one to add! THe stability grow we experienced since v9 initial release is amazing, thanks to the beta testers/ alphas and the Ableton Team!
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:12 pm

I think the original poster is focusing on addressing different packages of the same release and what differentiates them.

They are under the assumption that there will be very little difference between Live 10 Standard and Live 10 Suite, and so there is little justification for them to offer two different packages at two different prices.

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:11 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I think the original poster is focusing on addressing different packages of the same release and what differentiates them.

They are under the assumption that there will be very little difference between Live 10 Standard and Live 10 Suite, and so there is little justification for them to offer two different packages at two different prices.
well Suite still offers the Sound Packs, all instruments and a few effects, i dont think it is redundant. Surely the Sound packs are redundant if you have already Kontakt or bought some packs from the ableton shop covering the Suite Sound Packs.
I still think max4live only default effects like LFO are shit.
it would make more sense to create new default devices, which you can make available in the Suite only as to force people to use max4live, but that that is only my opinion.

Maybe Ableton could merge them and set the price in the middle? make one Version out of Suite and Standard would also reduce the Upgrade Price i think.
We have to see what they are up to. It is still time to push more v9 versions and to work on stability.
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

tayler1206

Post by tayler1206 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Honestly I feel the native (built in) instruments and sounds within Ableton Suite and Standard are pretty weak. I think in order to succeed at having a draw for Live 10 Suite there's going to have to add more sounds and more effects. Ableton is already so versatile with Max and if your creating your own sounds and have external vsts and such then the boundaries are endless but for the average beginner the sounds and effects that come with Suite are not nearly expansive enough to give them the creative freedom they need when their first learning. I teach Ableton to kids ages 7 and up (yes I have some badass little students) and since none of them are skilled enough to venture into VSTs and sound design yet, it'd be really nice to have some more options within Suite.