How to route master audio to PC output, NOT interface?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Richie Witch

Re: How to route master audio to PC output, NOT interface?

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 pm

tascamview wrote:Thank you both for your help.

Guess it's not possible as i'm using windows... ah well, might have to invest in a better hardware audio routing setup....
Sorry if I'm chiming in at the 12th hour... :lol:

It is possible to create an compound interface in Windows... possible, but not easy.

As others have posted, this is pretty much native on OSX gear, but for Windows, it's a problem. However, ASIO4ALL includes this feature and some brave souls have gotten it to work. Of course, it means you would have to use ASIO4ALL as your audio driver, which some avoid like the plague.

So, while not for the faint of heart, it can technically be done.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Macca1412

Post by Macca1412 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:21 pm

If I'm not mistaken to route Ableton output to your laptop on board speakers just change the audio driver in 'Audio Preferences' to MME/DIRECTX if you have it.......etc voila!

cmulltech

Post by cmulltech » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Hopefully I am answering the question correctly.
What I have figured out with this is, I have the Model Mixer ASIO as my audio device in Ableton Live.
The audio from Ableton is sent to channels 1 and 2 on my Model 12.
In Windows, I have my microphone as Model 12 and if I want to listen on my headohones from the computer, I set the Playback to my "Speakers/Headphones".
This generally will only play sound from your computer, but if you right click your volume icon on the taskbar and go to "Sound", click on the Recording tab and go to your Microphone-Model 12 and click Properties.
This will bring up another box with tab names "General, Listen, Levels and Advanced". Click on "Listen" then check the box "Listen to this device" and Apply.
You should now be able to hear anything coming from your Model 12 through your PC headphones.
Let me know if this works ok for you and/or if this was what you were trying to figure out.
Thanks!