NAMM 2018 show -- couldn't find Ableton

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
rasputin

NAMM 2018 show -- couldn't find Ableton

Post by rasputin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 am

Just got back from visiting the show today (Friday Jan 26). Even though Ableton is listed as an exhibitor, booth #106, when I went to the location shown on the show map there was nothing to be found. Very strange. I asked some staffers and other exhibitors if they knew, but no one did. Perhaps they will be there Sat / Sun?

Anyway, it's nothing crucial, I just wanted to worship at the altar of Live, since it's the central piece of my studio. I even brought my Live 1.0 reference manual to wave around to try to prove my bona fides, but alas.

U-he, my other favorite music sw vendor, had just a table in the ACC area, but they were pretty much monopolized by neckbeards like me, so I wasn't able to pay obeisance there either. As far as Reaper goes, I don't think Cockos goes to these things. Since I wouldn't think Cockos deals with any retailers, it would make sense.
Live 9.1 <> occasionally Reason 4.0.1 <> Reaper.latest! <> Windows 7 on a bespoke Intel Q6600 <> ASUS P5E <> 8GB RAM, M-Audio Delta 2496 and that's it.