Ableton's Credit Card System Failing...???

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Danny Fig

Ableton's Credit Card System Failing...???

Post by Danny Fig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Seeing all these posts after the release of 10, shows not everyone is having this problem. Ableton tried charging my Wells Fargo card with plenty of money and it was declined. The weird thing is that is shows in my bank statement the $239 being charged, then immediately put back. So after trying different browsers and now it shows 4 times in my statement, that I would try my girlfriends' credit card. SAME THING! I'm stuck guys and Ableton has not responded yet... I'm desperate...

Regards,
Danny Fig

Tarekith

Re: Ableton's Credit Card System Failing...???

Post by Tarekith » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Contact support@ableton.com, hopefully they can help you out.

ark

Post by ark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:07 pm

I got an auto-squawk from my credit-card company asking "Do you recognize this transaction?" I'm guessing it's because of the amount of time that elapsed between the initial authorization and the actual charge.

I would suggest calling the customer-service number on the back of your credit card and asking why they declined the charge. They can probably work some magic that will allow the charge to go through.

Danny Fig

Post by Danny Fig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks for your replies. I finally got an email from Ableton stating that it was my bank refusing. What I don't understand is why it declined my girlfriends' card... and believe me, she has enough money... I'd have it no other way... lol. So yeah, still trying to figure this out. Seems isolated so going to call my bank and see if I can get some enlightenment. Thanks again...

Danny Fig

Post by Danny Fig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

It was on my end. Still confused why it declined my girls card, but I had to go to my bank and authorize Ableton's charge.

subsynth

Post by subsynth » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Ableton is in Germany, mamy US issued debit cards will decline international transactions as it appears suspicious. Sometimes it will even trigger a fraud alert and the bank will call me about the charge.

I'm happy Ableton accepts paypal as a workaround.