LIVE 10 INTRO MOD (UPGRADE) SUGGESTION!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
vokshi

LIVE 10 INTRO MOD (UPGRADE) SUGGESTION!

Post by vokshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Dear Ableton team. I think that you can sell a lot more intro editions of Live 10 if you make less restrictions. 16 tracks (OK) lets say 16 scenes or maybe 32. At least 3 return channels and ability to buy all packs and devices from your store for intro users (except m4l) And if people really need max give them ability to buy it having Live 10 intro. Please let people decide what libraries or opportunities they can have using Live 10 intro and you will be blessed with people's LOVE and respect. It is hard to believe that Ableton team didn't came up with something like this in recent Live update, cause I think that this changes will make community of LEGIT live users bigger. My friends producers and live musicians have bought Live standard and suite because they want one or two specific FX or ability to have more than 16 tracks or 8 scenes or ability to buy specific live pack. And most of them feel that they don't really need gigabytes of other stuff. So that fact can't make them happy with their purchase. People are buying modular synthesizers to be able to use what they really need. So maybe it is time to make live little more 'MODULAR' ) So DEAR ABLETON TEAM, take all that I wrote here into consideration and PLEASE make your intro edition of LIVE 10 less restricted, and you will see more good posts in this forum from pleased community.

strangedaysuk

Re: LIVE 10 INTRO MOD (UPGRADE) SUGGESTION!

Post by strangedaysuk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 pm

vokshi wrote:Dear Ableton team. I think that you can sell a lot more intro editions of Live 10 if you make less restrictions. 16 tracks (OK) lets say 16 scenes or maybe 32. At least 3 return channels and ability to buy all packs and devices from your store for intro users (except m4l) And if people really need max give them ability to buy it having Live 10 intro. Please let people decide what libraries or opportunities they can have using Live 10 intro and you will be blessed with people's LOVE and respect. It is hard to believe that Ableton team didn't came up with something like this in recent Live update, cause I think that this changes will make community of LEGIT live users bigger. My friends producers and live musicians have bought Live standard and suite because they want one or two specific FX or ability to have more than 16 tracks or 8 scenes or ability to buy specific live pack. And most of them feel that they don't really need gigabytes of other stuff. So that fact can't make them happy with their purchase. People are buying modular synthesizers to be able to use what they really need. So maybe it is time to make live little more 'MODULAR' ) So DEAR ABLETON TEAM, take all that I wrote here into consideration and PLEASE make your intro edition of LIVE 10 less restricted, and you will see more good posts in this forum from pleased community.
Maybe.

To be honest I think simple is best, I bought Suite because I wanted to have everything even if I don't always use it.

Logic is 1 product, and in my view that works well. I'm sure others will disagree, but I found buying live to be fine for what you get.

Now as to the upgrade into Version 10.... well that's a mixed bag of views, but I think enough been said about that already.

vokshi

Post by vokshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:39 pm

I agree that buying live suite is fine for what you get. But lets say that potential customer is switching from other DAW and he already have professional sounding modules, libraries and plugins but prefer Live’s session view or midi controller functionality with scripts and so on. And the only way to have unrestricted software for him is to buy Live Suite. In that case I think that updated Live 10 intro with little bit less restrictions will make him a very happy customer. And if he want to buy specific live packs, instruments and effects - Dear Ableton team, please give him this opportunity.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:01 pm

vokshi wrote:…lets say that potential customer is switching from other DAW and he already have professional sounding modules, libraries and plugins but prefer Live’s session view or midi controller functionality with scripts and so on. And the only way to have unrestricted software for him is to buy …
Live 10 Standard. Suite doesn't enter into it, unless you mean Max For Live brings unrestricted ability. I mean it's great, but hardly something the user you describe, with "professional sounding modules, libraries and plugins", must have in order to enjoy Live.
Make some music!

vokshi

Post by vokshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Yeah I mean M4l. Or lets say that potential customer is happy with current live intro capabilities but he want to have Amp plugin that he can buy only if he is Live standart user. Or the new echo plugin. That’s why i am offering the new concept for Live 10 intro and shop. I think that if Ableton team will think about that and decide to make that happen with little bit less restrictions, it will be fair in relation to their customers and will bring a new wave of musicians that will be HAPPY using Live 10 intro. It is very important to have HAPPY community I think.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm

vokshi wrote:Yeah I mean M4l. Or lets say that potential customer is happy with current live intro capabilities but he want to have Amp plugin that he can buy only if he is Live standart user. Or the new echo plugin. That’s why i am offering the new concept for Live 10 intro and shop. I think that if Ableton team will think about that and decide to make that happen with little bit less restrictions, it will be fair in relation to their customers and will bring a new wave of musicians that will be HAPPY using Live 10 intro. It is very important to have HAPPY community I think.
OK, I see what you're saying. I'm not sure that would work well, because it would mean much work for Ableton, for little money I think. But it's a valid suggestion nevertheless.
Make some music!

vokshi

Post by vokshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Stromkraft I am glad to hear that you understand me. But I think that this will work very well. I don’t think that removing the restrictions will be harder for Ableton team than code new plugins and functions. For little money? I think that if they can make it well, they will have a decent amount of money from new Live 10 intro users and if they will give them opportunity to buy all add ons and packs they will have much more. So all of us will be HAPPY! )

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

So basically you are asking them to bring the price of Standard down to the price of Intro?
Unsound Designer

vokshi

Post by vokshi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 pm

No. I am asking them to rethink Intro version of Live 10. I am not asking them to bring the price of Standard down to the price of Intro. All right … I will try to explain one more time. Live Standart have unlimited number of tracks, scenes and 12 return channels so about Suite. and I suggest to make Intro version with a little bit less restrictions (for example - 16 (32) scenes 3 return tracks and ability to buy all packs and plugins from Ableton shop for Live intro users. Let me explain. For example - If specific live pack use Sampler in order to run, Live intro user can buy Sampler and after that buy this specific pack. Now the situation is as follows. If Live intro user want to buy live pack that uses Sampler he can buy this pack only with upgrade to Standard or Suite. And now Live intro user can’t buy some instruments and effects from Ableton shop without upgrade. So I am asking Ableton team to rethink Live 10 intro and create a version with less restrictions and also make Ableton shop more ‘user friendly’. I think that with this changes Live Intro will be a ‘mustbuy’ for many producers and musicians who can’t afford Standart of Suite but want to enjoy using Live and for the people who don’t need gigabytes of libraries and instruments but want DAW with a little bit less restrictions. I think that with changes that I suggest Ableton Live 10 Intro will be desired software. That changes will make good attitude to the company from community of artists. Believe me, Ableton team will sell more intro editions in that case and will make many people happy.
PS I know that Ableton team make a great discount on Live Standart and Suite (40%) for students and teachers and I love that fact, but there are other people in this world

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Sounds a lot like asking artists to work "for the exposure."

"If you just do this for free now you'll be rich when we actually start making money!!!"
Unsound Designer

vokshi

Post by vokshi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 pm

i love to make music

Danthewoman

Post by Danthewoman » Mon May 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Seconded. I really want to use EQ Eight and all the other stuff I had in the trial again (even though I have FabFilter Pro Q 2.) I'm not even gonna bother torrenting it; dad, if you don't buy Standard or Suite soon, I'm gonna stop making music!
I am Grid, the last being you will ever see.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 am

I think the way it is, is OK. Otherwise it would be a nightmare for Ableton....

Three flavors to choose from, should do it.

Personally I have gone for suite, nothing left to wish for. The only thing I bought extra was NI Massive.

But everybody wishes differ, so write to Ableton, and who knows.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: