Beginners Community

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
FinalNeko

Beginners Community

Post by FinalNeko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello Ableton Community,

To explain my situation:
Several years ago, I worked with a former work colleague in his Live 9. We worked together on projects and gave us feedback. This feedback and cooperation helped us a lot, as we were both doing Hubbymäßig music. I would describe myself as a relative newcomer. I only made music with him.
Now I bought the Live 10 Suite and am standing there alone.

Now to my question:
Is there a place where newbies can show each other their projects to get feedback and get better?

If such a place does not exist yet and is desired I can set up a forum-like website on my local hosting environment (servers in the basement).

Greetings FinalNeko

Stromkraft

Re: Beginners Community

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

FinalNeko wrote: Is there a place where newbies can show each other their projects to get feedback and get better?
Here in these forums: Link your Music
Gearslutz:
Songwriting
Newbie audio engineering + production question zone
Facebook:
Cosmonauts
Alp Tracks 2.0
Make some music!

Richie Witch

Re: Beginners Community

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I'd add:
Blend.io
KVR Forums - Music Cafe

Blend.io was specifically created for sharing, peer review, and collaboration, as you upload your Live Project files along with a wav preview file. You can mark whether the track is "draft", "almost there", "finished" etc. It analyzes your project file and displays a report on number of audio tracks, MIDI tracks, which plugins you used, etc. so potential collaborators can make sure they have all the same ones. If you choose, other users can download your project and look at your work/comment/remix/modify etc. It tells you how many times your project has been downloaded and who the users are.

They run contests occasionally and some of the on-line music production schools like Coursera use it so that students can review each others' assignments.

Not sure if they still do this, but projects were uploaded via Dropbox, so you have to have an account with them as well.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute