To rewire, or not to rewire? That is the question.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
BURN-ADDiCT

To rewire, or not to rewire? That is the question.

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am

I've recently gotten Reason 10, and whilst I'm having a hard time re-learning simple stuff within their dated interface, there are ideas that I've started in Reason 10 that I want to finish soon and I know it would be easy and convinient in Live 9.

I want to ask if anyone would advise me to start using rewire or just continue learning to use Reason 10.
BTW: I have a low-end laptop (dual core 2.3GHz intel, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD. it's not FHD, just 1366x768px). In case the specs of the laptop count, please consider that when advising.

Thank you.
Last edited by BURN-ADDiCT on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Re: To rewire, or not to rewire? That is the question.

Post by Tarekith » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm

If you just got it, why would you not want to spend time diving in and learning to use it? That’s a good bit of money you spent for it, might as well get your worth out of it.

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I am planning on learning it and mastering it, but I just wanted to know if other Reason users would think that it's better to use rewire to complete some of these ideas.
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:56 am

Tarekith wrote:spend time diving in and learning to use it?
actually... I don't even know why I'm rushing. It just got frustrating when something simple is taking time to re-learn in a new environment. I just decided to be patient and take it one step at a time.
Thanks.
Last edited by BURN-ADDiCT on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stace30

Post by Stace30 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 am

A long while ago I used Reason rewired to Live and I loved it. I've now got a new laptop running Windows 10 64 bit and haven't updated to Reason 10 yet (as I've got version 4 so it was a while ago as I said), but I will.

Best thing to do (to me anyway), to learn Reason as efficiently as you can, is to write and finish tracks exclusively in Reason. The more you finish the more you learn. I started off my production journey by using Reason 2.5, so learnt that first then went to Live 5. When I used them together I had a head start and found the pairing nothing short of amazing, very inspiring indeed.

My answer is YES! By all means learn Reason because it's going to help you to no ends when you rewire it to Live. In fact you've inspired me to upgrade my Reason!!!!! Thank you.

Al :)
Live 10 Suite, M4L, MPC TOUCH - MPC software v2.7, Reason 4, Komplete 11, i7 Laptop, 12g Ram, Win 10, Adam A7's & Genelec 8010's - Joined Forum in 2006.

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Stace30 wrote: My answer is YES! By all means learn Reason because it's going to help you to no ends when you rewire it to Live. In fact you've inspired me to upgrade my Reason!!!!! Thank you.

Al :)
:D glad I could inspire something positive.

there are several things I've done since the previous post. I actually learnt some tricks that help me sketch important parts of my songs but I can't say I can completely use Reason and its built-in tools to finish a song.
To be honest, I've never been the type to adapt easily to new platforms and different workflows, and sometimes whilst makimg a pointless experiment, I get too excited and want to finish it immediately, which is bad for someone who should be taking time to adapt to a new environment.

but thank you to everyone who gave feedback.
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden