Live upgrade cost question.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Saus175

Live upgrade cost question.

Post by Saus175 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 pm

So I bought Live 9 Standard with the free upgrade to 10 upon release. Since then I have also bought Max for Live. Ive went back into the shop page to see how much it would be for me to upgrade to Suite and its £269 for me. Am I wrong to think it would have been less?

Live pricing is in Euros but the exchange rate is 1.14 so some quick calculations...
Live Suite €599
Live Stand €349
= a difference of €250

Yet my upgrade price is €307!! Not even considering I own Max as well (€149) which I thought would have made it even cheaper again. Had I known that I wouldnt have bought Max and just waited and bought the full upgrade.

Am I wrong to think that the upgrade should be the exact cost of the difference between Standard and Suite then minus any other plugins that you own from the Suite version?

Nokatus

Re: Live upgrade cost question.

Post by Nokatus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 am

Yeah, it's an error in the way the upgrade path is taken into account when going from the Standard edition of the same major Live version to the Suite. If it's intentional, it's still an error in my opinion :wink: (as in, it's just wrong.)

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=229548

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:57 am

Best to contact support@ableton.com directly, they'll make sure you get the lowest price available given your current purchases.

Saus175

Post by Saus175 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Nokatus, did you contact support to try and get a different price, if so what did they say? I will contact support as you suggest Tarekith just to see what they say because it just seem right to me at all.

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Nah. As I mentioned in the post I linked, I'm fully covered with Standard and 3rd party stuff at present, as I also have all the individual Ableton licenses I really need for Live, including Max. I was just being curious what the transition price inside the same major version would be for me, and was pretty stunned. Just wanted to put it out there :). If you're interested in doing such an upgrade, definitely contact support (and direct them to this thread) and ask what's up.

Saus175

Post by Saus175 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Nokatus wrote:Nah. As I mentioned in the post I linked, I'm fully covered with Standard and 3rd party stuff at present, as I also have all the individual Ableton licenses I really need for Live, including Max. I was just being curious what the transition price inside the same major version would be for me, and was pretty stunned. Just wanted to put it out there :). If you're interested in doing such an upgrade, definitely contact support (and direct them to this thread) and ask what's up.
Ive just done that ;) I wouldnt mind having Operator and Wavetable but I dont care about the extra packs and that. The way it looks to me at the minute it makes no sense to buy any standalone products from Ableton because you would be better to save up and just buy the upgrade to suite outright. I cant remember seeing anything priced in such a way, but maybe its just the way their system works and its a generic error or flaw in the way its done. If thats the case you would think it would be fixed by now though. Ill let you know what they say when they get back to me ;)

Saus175

Post by Saus175 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 pm

So they replied to my email today and said that the pricing is correct and its always cheaper to buy the suite than the different parts that belong to it. They also offered me a 10% off suite if I wanted it which was cool. If I could refund my max for live Id go and buy the suite but I feel a bit robbed paying so much for it when you dont really get much, and Ive found that devices ive downloaded have been slow and buggy. Feel a bit robbed if im honest and I really dont like the way the prices work at all. 10% is ok but it goes 20% off in the sale lol.