New Komplete, including new Massive X coming from NI

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sporkles

New Komplete, including new Massive X coming from NI

Post by sporkles » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:31 pm

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ntent=4575

I think I might jump on the Komplete 12 Ultimate train this time - lots of goodies in there! I'm anxious to see what new features Massive will bring to the table.

granted

Re: New Komplete, including new Massive X coming from NI

Post by granted » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm

If you purchase Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition (geez what a mouthful). You get all their Expansion sound and sample packs. Which seems good until you realize that their Expansion line directly competes with Sounds.com and NI is likely just dumping the Expansions in some clever marketing.
So you get all the Expansions included in the $599 upgrade price (if you are upgrading from Komplete Ultimate 11) compared to the retail price of $2500 for all the sound packs if purchased individually. I guess this lets you know how much those Expansions are worth to NI. Not much apparently.

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 pm

I own komplete ultimate 11 and Massive X is the only thing I’d be it interested in checking out in komplete 12, not impressed whatsoever

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:40 am

sporkles wrote:https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ntent=4575
I'm anxious to see what new features Massive will bring to the table.
I also anxious... something tells me they'll have the option to use custom wavetables, but the vague ad they have on youtube shows a light interface that seems too small... maybe they have a "fold instrument" feature or similar... only time will tell.

to be honest, I'm only just curious, not planning to go back to Massive (at least not until the they have detailed vids on youtube)
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah, I think maybe "anxious" was a bit of an overstatement; it's just that it feels like I've waited for so many years for a new Massive, and Massive has been maybe the most important synth in my arsenal for a looong time. I really like forging sounds with Wavetable via Push, though, so I don't know how much of a game changer Massive X can possibly be. I still love Massive for its straightforward drag and drop modulation. If the new one comes with a scalable interface, that alone would be a nice feature, but, in my opinion one that should have come ages ago as a free upgrade.

BURN-ADDiCT

Post by BURN-ADDiCT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 am

yeah!.. An update to the interface is long overdue.

Although it would be nice to have custom wavetables amd custom filter shapes (*cough* Europa *cough*), I don't think it'd convince me to buy it again... currently, there are many wavetable synths with custom shape options. if anything, I'd buy it for its sentimental value; it was my first VSTi that had great quality, a nice learning curve and a plethora of sound design options.
"working jobs we hate to pay for sh*t we don't need" - Tyler Durden