Oh My! So many problems and I just got Ableton

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
5172017.16c

Oh My! So many problems and I just got Ableton

Post by 5172017.16c » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 am

I just got Ableton Push 2 with Live 10 Suite 3 days ago and I am finding myself frustrated.

First of all, sometimes when I am pressing multiple pads some won't respond. And if I hold the other pads down while trying to continue to tap the one that doesn't work, the unresponsive pad still won't react. This happens to all pads occasionally. But after like 5-10 taps the sound would slowly come back.

Secondly, I found out that occasionally when I pressed a pad 3 root notes(the highest on the Push 2) would start sounding and turn green forever, that's until I press on them.

Lastly, some instruments such as the 12-Strings2 Cello only plays the note right after I release my fingers from the pad(opposite of what it's supposed to do which is to sound when I press them)!

I would really appreciate some help and guidance for the noob that I am :? !

jestermgee

Re: Oh My! So many problems and I just got Ableton

Post by jestermgee » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:34 am

So first bit of advice would be to post details of what your system is, what audio interface you are using and what instruments you have loaded that you are having issues with. Second would be that if your having issues with Push to maybe post in the Push forum, might get more eyes on there (maybe a mod can move this one).

Hard to say what your issues will be working from no information but as a starter, if you are getting "stuck" notes, try adjust the sensitivity in your push settings down a bit as it may be too sensitive and stick. Also, if you are running a slower machine or mechanical HDD you may need to wait after initially loading an instrument that has a large library as not all the velocity samples may load when you start playing which can result in missed notes etc. Depending on what you are loading and the speed of your system and drive it can take a minute for the samples to all load.

As a test, try load up a simple instrument like Operator or a VST that uses synthesis rather than a sampled instrument and see if you have the same kind of issue.

Expect that when you are a noob and haven't found your way around the software and workings of things, it will take some time to figure out what is going on so managing frustrations is all part of it.

5172017.16c

Post by 5172017.16c » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Thank you so much for all the advice. I am running the Push 2 with Live 10 on my Macbook air with Mojave. It might be that my software is slow with my computer. I do have a way faster desktop but it isn't with me right now. Thank you again for all the help!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Macbook air
That's a good "piece" of info to know but you need to detail:
- Laptop year
- CPU speed/type/cores
- RAM Amount
- HDD or SSD

Not knowing much about Mac but reading lots, the Air I believe is the lower spec Mac and designed as an "every day" computer not like the Pro version which has the power and speed for things like Live. My imagining is it's like an ipad with a keyboard so not sure what the experience would be running something like Live. One of the experienced Mac users could probably advise you better if they knew what version you are running.