Lite

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Suiteandsour

Lite

Post by Suiteandsour » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 am

I'm a Suite user, but I have installed Live-10 Lite as well for teaching purposes.
However, when working in Lite all of Suite's features still work as well.
Is there a way to work with Lite's limitations only, so I can learn the differences?
Thanks heaps folks!!!!

doghouse

Re: Lite

Post by doghouse » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:11 pm

I had the same experience. I sold my Suite license (long story) and installed Lite from a CD that came with my Launchpad. Everything in Suite continued to work, even though I had deleted it from my Mac's Applications folder. 8O I spent a little while poking about trying to find where it was finding all the files and deleted a few but eventually gave up because it was a time sink. I did verify at my Ableton account that I no longer had a Suite license, only Lite. Just for the record, I bought a Suite license again a few years later.

My only suggestion is to either install Lite on a different computer or to create either a bootable partition on your machine's hard drive or set up a bootable external drive, load Lite onto that and boot from there. Then make sure you never give Lite paths to the main drive where it could find the other files.

Suiteandsour

Re: Lite

Post by Suiteandsour » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Makes sense and I was already considering getting a Windows machine, as that would be good to learn as well.
Memorising Lite's features is also a good thing I guess to gain knowledge.
Pretty cool Ableton made this free for newbies.