RIP Keith Flint :(

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
jestermgee

RIP Keith Flint :(

Post by jestermgee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:56 pm

I was just about to go to bed lastnight and saw this news flash up on my feed and was devastated.

I've watched a lot of my childhood stars bite the dust and it has always affected me but this one is bigger for me because they were the litteral soundtrack to my whole teenage years. They were one of the huge influences of my interest to make music, seeing Liam make music from a shitty computer and synth, I just wanted to do that and spent my teenage years working in vineyards to buy a computer to do just that. One of the first things I did was sample a heap of prodigy and start making remixes.

Suicide is a terrible demon that many people keep the thoughts of well hidden. I've lost too many friends to it and it never gets any easier to understand, in fact it only becomes more confusing.

RIP Keith Flint, thanks for the last 25 years!

jestermgee

Re: RIP Keith Flint :(

Post by jestermgee » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:46 am

As a tribute here is a megamix I created back in 2005 using Buzz Tracker that I just dug up. If you are a fan you may enjoy it. Sorry for the questionable mixing but it was done 13 years ago.

https://soundcloud.com/jestermgee/jeste ... gamix-2005

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Yep...RIP
Ableton Forum Moderator

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 pm

:(

yeah i saw the news and instantly wanted to smack my bitch up...

not really, but that song popped in my head immediately... followed by others.

total bummer.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Love Prodigy and Flint, hate suicide.
I know far too many people who succumbed to it.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:56 am

Hopes he rests in peace...... I hit me hard when I heard it, suicide is one of the blackest things I know of - what is going thru ones mind before taking yourself down.........

Tomorrow night during my weekly radio show on thursday, I will pay honour to him. Normally, I only play music from the region I live, but this time it will be a song for Keith too.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: