Just Trying to Get Better at Guitar

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Noob001

Just Trying to Get Better at Guitar

Post by Noob001 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:12 pm

I just bought a Focusrite Scarletti 2i2 and it came with Ableton Lite. I want to record myself playing over a portion of a backing track in order to improve my playing. This software seems like it is more for professional musicians and recording artists. Is this the right software for my needs and if so can anyone point me in the right direction of getting started doing this? If not, can someone recommend a more appropriate software? Thank you. Sean

pottering

Re: Just Trying to Get Better at Guitar

Post by pottering » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:00 am

I want to record myself playing over a portion of a backing track in order to improve my playing.
Ableton Live Lite works just fine for that.

Recording software all work the same, similar to a multi-track recorder.

The only thing that differs from a VCR or home tape recorder is the "Arm" button, because multi-track recorders and software like Live have multiple tracks, and you may not want to record to all tracks at the same time when you hit the round "Record" button.

The "Arm" button allows "arming", that is selecting which track(s) will be enabled to be recorded into.
♥♥♥

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 am

Also, check out some of the intro videos that may have the answers you need to setup your audio interface and start recording:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/learn-live/setup/

Ashley90

Post by Ashley90 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am

Hi I have the same equipment and I am using it for the same reason. How are you getting on with it?