Study on impact of Ableton on music technology/music production/ live performance

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Energ-

Study on impact of Ableton on music technology/music production/ live performance

Post by Energ- » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:50 am

Hi there :D

Nice to meet you! We are De Montfort University (Leicester, UK) students at Creative Music Technology lvl5 faculty and as a part of our study, we need to investigate the impact of Ableton on music technology.

This survey is for Ableton users so if you are a perfect fit :!:

We realize how precious your time is. That’s why we made sure this survey will only take a quick 2 minutes.

:arrow: The research goal is to find out how you feel about Ableton Live products and what are you using it for.

We personally want to thank YOU for every second invested in our research. You rock :!:

No! We don’t want to spam you in any way. So don’t worry, you will remain completely anonymous.

:idea: link to the survey:

:arrow: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CHV2W7K

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Study on impact of Ableton on music technology/music production/ live performance

Post by [jur] » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 am

When I saw your topic title I thought: "that could be a very interesting topic!"
Then, reading you: "hmm, looks like a hidden commercial survey. But let's see if there's something more substantial and click the link."
Then, : "hmm again... no more interesting info, meh."

So, I'd love to know more about this research and help and I'm sure other people too but answering a survey isn't engaging at all without a nice discussion first imho.
my 2 cts
Ableton Forum Moderator

Energ-

Re: Study on impact of Ableton on music technology/music production/ live performance

Post by Energ- » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:50 pm

[jur] wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 am
When I saw your topic title I thought: "that could be a very interesting topic!"
Then, reading you: "hmm, looks like a hidden commercial survey. But let's see if there's something more substantial and click the link."
Then, : "hmm again... no more interesting info, meh."

So, I'd love to know more about this research and help and I'm sure other people too but answering a survey isn't engaging at all without a nice discussion first imho.
my 2 cts

Thank you for such a constructive comment! This one is made for all level of experience users to support the study (closed questions - need about 50) and they meant to be quick and easy to answer. I'm studying Creative Music Technology and we have a module called "Research" where we need to write a proper dissertation. I chose this topic as I'm Ableton user myself and wanted to learn more about Ableton AG history and development, also - if only good enough - share it with the Ableton community (so it's not commercial, purely part of BSc (Hons) degree in the UK).

I'm glad to hear that you would like to help more. I'm working on the survey with open questions for experts and would be great to have your answers. Can I send you a link to your email once I come up with the right questions? I think I will also add it here later on.