free licence?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
slatepipe

free licence?

Post by slatepipe » Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 pm

hi

i have live 10 standard licence, my friend has live 10 suite. He sent me a project to work on but it has the echo device in it, which i don't own. so saving is disabled. i figured i could use the free licence for this project as it only needs a little work but when i click on the free licence link it just takes me to the licences page in my account and doesn't give any idea about using a free suite licence. do i have to download the whole program again or something?

can anyone give any advice? or is it better to just ask my friend to delete the echo device and use something else instead so that i can open it?

thanks for any help

Fanu

Re: free licence?

Post by Fanu » Sat May 11, 2019 9:13 pm

What "free license" and ""free license link" exactly?

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 pm

If you mean the demo license, it doesn't allow saving anyway. Once you own any version of Live the demo is no longer available for download to you.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am

You could create a new account to download and use the demo, but it'll probably also need a lot of Live related-files to be removed from your system or your demo would instantly transformed into your regular version.
imho you'd better off asking your friend to remove the Echo device from the set, or ask him/her to freeze the tracks containing Echo.
Ableton Forum Moderator